Roland D-50 D50 keyboard repair

Reaction score
Does anyone have any expertise or know of a great keyboard repair forum?
I have a Roland D50 where the memory backup battery leaked and died (no circuit board damage) but all sounds were lost. Replaced battery & tried to reinstall sounds, but now only the 'up' stroke of each and every key motion makes a sound, like only the second half of the sound plays...no sound when any key is initially hit.

Any advise greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Steve

Reaction score
that's a possiblity, but saying as the d-50 is a linear synth with an oldschool display, it can be sketchy tweaking sounds. have you gone through the sounds and checked all the settings?

the d-50 I have has this same problem intermittently with middle A. however the previous owner said it was a contact issue and all I would have to do is clean up the contacts.

Reaction score
Hmmm. Sounds like your best bet for right now would be taking it to a vintage repair shop and having it cleaned and inspected from the inside out.

Reaction score
Any update?

I found a D-50 for sale with the same problem and would like to buy it if the fix is not too complicated and expensive. Any news?

Ask a Question