Roland Fantom X

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just got a Fantom X 61 and was wondering how to set the after touch on the organ patch to respond to my pressing down on the keys to control speed of Leslie affect.

Thanks in advance:)

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just got a Fantom X 61 and was wondering how to set the after touch on the organ patch to respond to my pressing down on the keys to control speed of Leslie affect.

Thanks in advance:)

Never played the Fantom, but usually you don't control leslie with AT, you do it with the modulation/pitchbend wheel (at least that's how it's done on yamahas and korgs).

One more thing, there are only 2 speeds of leslie - slow, and fast so those are the only ones you can get if the keyboard is trying to be any close to the real thing :) (Slow when your wheel is up half, and fast when it's all the way to the top)

Reaction score
Never played the Fantom, but usually you don't control leslie with AT, you do it with the modulation/pitchbend wheel (at least that's how it's done on yamahas and korgs).

One more thing, there are only 2 speeds of leslie - slow, and fast so those are the only ones you can get if the keyboard is trying to be any close to the real thing :) (Slow when your wheel is up half, and fast when it's all the way to the top)

I control AT with key pressure with my Triton and Motif, when I press down initially I will get slow Leslie effect and when I apply more pressure to the keys it will speed up effect.

I use this kind of AT for my organs only. the rest of the time I will use the joy stick or wheel.

I thought the Fantom X would be able to do this task. I've been doing it with KORG since the X-3. :confused:

Reaction score
leslie aftertouch?

I must admit I've never used it that way, but my older model Fantom 76 you can effectively set anything to do anything. I can't imagine why it would be difficult to do this. I use my leslie speed switching on one of the buttons on the left (#4), but that's because it's close at hand. I'd go check it out, but my gear is setup at tonight's venue already.
Gerry

Reaction score
I must admit I've never used it that way, but my older model Fantom 76 you can effectively set anything to do anything. I can't imagine why it would be difficult to do this. I use my leslie speed switching on one of the buttons on the left (#4), but that's because it's close at hand. I'd go check it out, but my gear is setup at tonight's venue already.
Gerry

Hi all, glad to see rapid response :)

I uploaded the patch editor and it was very easy to do after that.

Thanks again :)

Ask a Question