Roland FP-30 organ sounds

Reaction score
Hi all

Complete keyboard newb here (I'm a guitarist, sorry!), but we've just bought a Roland FP-30 for my wife. She's trying to get a decent Hammond type sound out of it, which I suspect might involve a bit of layering. Does anyone have any ideas we could try?

Reaction score
Welcome.

The available sounds are somewhat limited on this model.

The most cost effective way to achieve what you seek is via an App and an iPhone or iPad.

She will need an Apple Camera Adaptor to connect to her Apple device and attach a standard A to B USB lead to it and the other end into the FP30.

Apps vary from about $20 up to $100

I use Galileo 2 which cost me £15.

If you use Android then I have no idea what is available on that platform.

Reaction score
I use Galileo 2 which cost me £15.

If you use Android then I have no idea what is available on that platform.

VB3m is an excellent, low-cost organ app that runs on most Androids (and also iPhone/iPad), though performance (latency) of Android is not as good as on the Apple devices (and can vary a lot depending on your particular device, as I understand it).

Reaction score
VB3m is an excellent, low-cost organ app that runs on most Androids (and also iPhone/iPad), though performance (latency) of Android is not as good as on the Apple devices (and can vary a lot depending on your particular device, as I understand it).
£11.99 so really low cost.

As a cost comparison the Ferrofish that Gary quotes is £375

Ask a Question