Roland fp5 repair

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Step one. Back up your settings.

Step two. Perform a factory reset and see if that fixes it.

If that doesn't work it may be either a dirty potentiometer or blown output op amp. That would be a solder job if you're up to it or else $150 for a tech to fix it right the first time.

You can try opening the potentiometer to clean it properly before replacing it.

Depending if it's a slider or a knob type you can find directions on youtube on how to clean a noisy pot.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Hi all,

I love my fp5, but after 8 years, some midrange notes don't always sound.

Since I'm broke at the moment, I thought I'd take a shot at fixing it myself.

Taking off the cover, the keys and the counterweights was no problem. But over the circuit board with the velocity sensors are sectional plastic housings. There are screws, which I removed, but they are fastened in another way that I can't detect.

Calling Roland didn't help, they only referred me to a service center. There's little info online that I can find.

Has anyone here dug into the fp5?

Thanks.....
Mine, after 15 years, just interrupts at random for 2-4 seconds. I tried all the measures that I thought might correct the problem, but to no avail; I suspect that some electronic part is going bad. I love the piano, but would consider buying a new one, although I am sure that they do not take trade-ins.
Alvaro in Florida

Ask a Question