roland juno gi as submixer

Reaction score
Just got my used juno gi yesterday and I'd like to use it a submixer on stage. I play guitar some of the time and sing a lot, so I use a little allen and heath mixer and send one line to the main mixer. (we run our own sound from the stage.) So the Juno with its mic input and line inputs with their own level controls seem like a godsend. However, the main keyboard volume control also affects the microphone level. Any GI owners know of a way to bypass this? I'd like to be able to turn up the keys for solos, different patch levels, etc, without changing the vocal level.
The guitar goes XLR out from my effect pedal into the submixer. Should work into a "line in" even if level is a bit low.
Morgan

Reaction score
Why not just send the microphone through the allen heath mixer? This way you can control the microphone and keyboard volume, eq, fx, etc. independently. Sounds like your are trying to reinvent the wheel.

Reaction score
cuz I was hoping to
1) bring less stuff. fewer power cables, fewer boxes, fewer audio cables.
2) get compression. the recorder has built in compression effect, allen and heath doesn't
3) get reverb, delays that I could control. Main PA is on the other side of the stage usually
4) have the knobs for volume at my fingertips instead of on the floor, which is the only spot my A+H mixer fits

Ask a Question