Roland JUNO-Stage - key action

Reaction score
I"m thinking of buying a Roland JUNO-Stage for live gigging, but I can't find one to test out before I buy it online. My big concern is the weight of the keys. I'm more a piano player than synth, I currently use a Yamaha YPG-625 to gig with, but am looking for something more professional and that sounds better on stage.

What are some of the other keyboards out there that have the same 'semi-weighted' feel as the Roland JUNO-Stage? Maybe I can find something comparable in Sam Ash to test out to understand what the JUNO-Stage feels like.

Thanks
Paul

Reaction score
Hello Paul, welcome to the forum. I own and gig with a Juno Stage - even the folk gigs I do where I just use the piano sound. I'm a piano player and found it very easy to get used to the keys.

I think it's been discontinued. You may see one for a bargain price.

It's very light, 76 keys is a great compromise size - it fits along the back seat of my small car. I have it in a padded shoulder case instead of a flightcase.

It doesn't get a lot of love on the forums I visit - but I really like it.

If it's just piano maybe you could look at the casio privia px3 (think that's the model) - lots of love for it over at the keyboard bit of the musicplayer forums (the one linked to the US Keyboard magazine).

Reaction score
Thanks... this is really helpful. It has been discontinued, thus I found a good deal. I"m just concerned that it has the same feel as the Juno G or Juno Di, those keys feel really light.. my guess is it's about the same as those..

Ask a Question