selfmade midi-usb controller

Reaction score
Hi , I'm Ezzooo and I'm italian and this is the first time I write in an english forum so sorry for my english.
I've a project and I need you help me to realize it.
I want built a simple masterkeyboard double manual with the follwing compenents:
2 keybed fatar TP/8O, pitchand and modulation wheels , sustain and volume pedal in for every one, one bass organ pedal in, one midi/usb out.
I think this is the cheapest solution and the only way to have a simple keyboard without fader, konbs, buttons and so much more functions I don't interested. I'd use it to controll vst and changing sound and effects on pc keyboard.
Do you know the way to realize it? What else I need to complete the project?
UH... another little question:
I want create 2 different sets sound by vst and controll them on different keys? I show it better: Keys q-w-e-r-t controll sound of hammond, rhodes, piano, synth1, synth2 for the upper manual, keys z-x-c-v-bcontroll the same sounds or others for the lower manual:is it possible?
Tahnks so much, by.

Reaction score
Hi there - I think I can help you with the first part, but not the second.

Assuming you've got a good knowledge of electronics, you should plan out the whole VERY carefully. Work out EXACTLY what you want the end result to do. You should then check out somewhere like Doepfer (click on "Products" on the sidebar) to work out what sort of hardware you need to realise your plan. They supply a wide variety of keyboard components, including keybeds, wheels and all the parts to generate midi signals. I don't know if they have cards for USB, but they certainly have standard midi, so you could just get any USB-MIDI card to interface between the computer and controller.

Building your own gear is great fun and really rewarding, but be sure to do lots of research - make sure there isn't already a commercial alternative to what you are building. Oh, and did I say plan EVERYTHING. There's nothing worse than getting halfway through a project before realising that you've forgotten to take into account some vital component.

Let us know how you get on, and post away if you have more question. I'd be fascinated by how this turns out!

Reaction score
I found this:

Dettaglio articolo

I think it's ok for my project.
It has other four free parameters I can use connecting modulation and pitch wheels and 2 jack socket for pedals.
Now I've only last quastion if volume slider is essential or I can controll volume by pc.
What do you think?
Help me please

Ask a Question