Simple recording on Casio wk7600

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to simply record something. I don't want to save, just record and play back.
I believe you simply push the record button. When I start playing a chord for the accompaniment there is no sound.

I managed to do this when I first got my keyboard but that was last March, am 75 years old, only used once so have forgotten.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
I assume you mean audio recording? (as different to sequencing)

Manual is at

Audio recording is on Page E-121

Let us know how you go.

The Y-man
No. For now I want to do Easy Record as explained on p. 69.
I can press the record button and play a melody.
But I want to play a musical accompaniment with it but don't know how to get it going. I did manage to do it by pressing the Intro button. Would rather make my own intro.
I'm missing something simple in the instructions.
All I want to do is play my violin along with my own accompaniment.
When I get this mastered I will try to learn how to save my recordings. I have simple goals for a complicated instrument.
Thanks for your interest.

The Y_man

Reaction score
But I want to play a musical accompaniment with it but don't know how to get it going. I did manage to do it by pressing the Intro button. Would rather make my own intro.

Try the "Synchro/Ending" button instead of the intro.
> Press "Synchro/Ending"
> Then play a chord

(Make sure ACCOMP is set to ON)

The Y-man

Reaction score
I have managed to record songs, looks like they're saved to SD card as it is flashing when it's playing back.
But why don't I press Card button get to the SD card to play back?
When I press card button a message says it's empty.
Can the tempo be changed after recording, like during playback?

The Y_man

Reaction score
I have managed to record songs, looks like they're saved to SD card as it is flashing when it's playing back.
But why don't I press Card button get to the SD card to play back?
When I press card button a message says it's empty.
Can the tempo be changed after recording, like during playback?
What you did is an actual audio recording - like a tape recording. So you can't change tempo etc.
The "card" button is for MIDI recordings. It's a bit long winded to explain in a single post, but a sequencer is used (either on the keyboard or on a computer).

The Y-man

Reaction score
Thanks. So are you saying that if I record through the sequencer I might be able to change tempo?
What I'm looking to do is play tunes, probably slow so I don't make mistakes, then my friends and I can play along, changing tempo to adjust to our skill levels.

Reaction score
I do see that I can do Easy Record, change tempo at playback, not exactly what convenient for what I wantnto do

Reaction score
Tempo change is working on songs recorded through the easy record method, p 69 in manual.
So I think I have my solution. Will continue to work with it, am learning a lot.
Thanks

The Y_man

Reaction score
Cool! I can't say I have tried any of the features.

You can get midi files form places like midiworld.com/files/1128/
Copy to the sd drive, and you should be able to see it when you press the card button.

The Y-man

Ask a Question