Solo Pianos

Reaction score
Hello, I haven't have a piano for a very long time. This is a sample library I was using it for my first piano solo. I did very little processing to it because the library is simply amazing. Let me know what your thoughts. Do you like the sound? Which part do you like and not like? I am open to constructive feedback. Thanks for listening.

First Piano

Piano cover

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of piano solos unless it's the Brandenburg Concertos or something equally intricate and amazing, but your contemporary house piece had a great beat to it and some really nice synth work.

I've started following you on soundcloud.

I'm curious as to what sort of rig you are using? Is it all soft synths and a MIDI controller or are you using any hardware synths as well?

Gary

Reaction score
Hi Gary, how are you? I'm not really classical trained so I won't be playing any concerto music. You're right they are complicated. I been playing the piano since I was 12 and I still don't know jack. My style tend to focus more on the slow romantic pop music like Jim Brickman and still in the process of learning curve in contemporary worship. I think I might need to take a class in composition for me to do any concert/film. I haven't have any. I learn to play by ear and started out imitating others.

For the house track it's produce and mixed inside Reason. No hardware used. For the chop vocals it's taken from one of the Vengeance sample pack. Drums are all from Vengeance. Synths are stock from Reason. ;)

I use my workstation keyboard to control midi inside daw. For the solo pianos I use Ivory and find it to be very nice. Any other questions feel free to ask.

Reaction score
When it comes to electronic music no hardware is really required imo. Some plugins will give you very close to the hardware and it's barely noticeable. I also like to use Sylenth and Massive they are my to go snyth plugins. The difference mayyy be just the production skills. Pick the sound carefully and make sure they gel off the bat with as little to no mixing as possible. Then, the magic that takes place inside the daw.

Ask a Question