SP2x Setup Time Signature

Reaction score
Hello and thanks in advance for your help.
First post here so, hello to everyone!

I have an SP2x.
I try to set the time signature.
I follow the steps in the user manual, p.3-9 and 3.10, with no succes.

From the manual
"
Metronome Feature

To activate Metronome feature, press [Rhythm/Metronome] button and select “world” drum pattern category. And then, press [0], [+/‐], [Cancel] and [Enter] button in order. The SP2 supports 4 types of time signature including 2/4, 3/4, 4/4 and 6/8. After you make selection, the display will look like < Figure 3‐11 >. Use Knob D to control the tempo as you do with the drum patterns. "

I can change the time sig but it resets to 4/4 as soon as I select a program or a setup.
It's like there is a a kind of "confirm" step missing in the manual.

Anybody can help?

Thanks v. much!

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
What happens if you select the program or setup first?

Not sure if this stuff applies only to sequencer song mode or if there's an audition mode on the SP2X but if there is an audition or demo mode on that keyboard then it's reverting to the built in demo song for that program.

My guess is that you have to select a program or setup first then set the time signature on the metronome and just play.

Or if there's a built in sequencer like the PC3K then you can only apply signature and tempo changes in song mode when you are recording a song.

Gary

Reaction score
Thans for your help Gary!
i just realised I tought I could change the time signature of any rythmic patterns using the metronome function. Obviously not. The metronome function is just that : a metronome.

The SP2x is a stage piano, not a workstation! Shame on me! I was asking too much from th is baby.

But, the action is so great on that thing that it will never go for sale. Makes a great basic midi controller w/ a wonderful piano action.

So, thanks for your help Gary.

Cheers!

Reaction score
Les deux plus belle provinces! Tous nos voisins de l'Ontario sont toujours les bienvenus au Québec!

Bonne journée!

René :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Actuellment je suis ex-Montrealais, et j'espere de retourner l'annee prochaine permanentment. Je suis tres fatigue avec les tetes carres a l'Ontario et le nourriture ici est terrible. :D

Au bientot mon ami. Je va retourner a la premier chance :D

Gary ;)

Ask a Question