Studiologic numa compact 2x

Reaction score
Not gigging. I have a Juno ds 61 but want a lightweight 88 key. With great b3 emulation. $ is an issue. Under 1k is great. Is the numa a good choice? Tia

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I think @Biggles had one for a while, so hopefully he can give you an unvarnished opinion. I think the new SE version looks mighty interesting, but as far as I know it isn't shipping yet, although it's available for pre-order (I think).

Reaction score
I have had one since 2019.

I like the feel of the keybed.

The sounds are pretty good and Studiologic do add extras from time to time.

There is a PC app, not sure if there is one for a Mac.

It is lightweight, and there is a lot of plastic in the construction.

Controls are not the most robust but the drawbar sliders are a big plus point, the rotary is easily controlled as are the effects.

Mine is currently not working, the internal power supply has an output but the main board is dead.

For is cost IMO it is pretty good VFM

Reaction score
Not gigging. I have a Juno ds 61 but want a lightweight 88 key. With great b3 emulation. $ is an issue. Under 1k is great. Is the numa a good choice? Tia
The Numa is a great value. The B3 emulation is okay (better than your Juno DS), but "great" is a high bar for under $1k, even without wanting 88 keys. But another nice thing about the Numa is how easily it integrates with external devices. You can use its organ controls to operate a better organ sound source like VB3m, an inexpensive app that runs on iPhone and also numerous Android phones, connected via a single USB cable, and the app's sounds will be merged with the native Numa sound outputs so there's no additional wiring needed.

Reaction score
The Numa is a great value. The B3 emulation is okay (better than your Juno DS), but "great" is a high bar for under $1k, even without wanting 88 keys. But another nice thing about the Numa is how easily it integrates with external devices. You can use its organ controls to operate a better organ sound source like VB3m, an inexpensive app that runs on iPhone and also numerous Android phones, connected via a single USB cable, and the app's sounds will be merged with the native Numa sound outputs so there's no additional wiring needed.
Hmm. So a single usb cable integrates the vb3m to the numa. Audio through onboard speakers also?

Ask a Question