technic kn 3000

Reaction score
Hi each I am having a problem linking my keyboard to go into the
gigajam keyboard teaching program .Has anyone out there had any dealings using the gigajam program? It would be nice to hear if you have
I am a bit of a nooby on these things.thanking you in anticipation :(

Reaction score
Hi William, welcome to the forums!

Can we have a bit more information about your system? What computer and OS you are using, what you're using to connect the keyboard to the computer etc. I'm not familiar with that software, but with a bit more information, I'm sure we can help.

Reaction score
thanks mourndark,The pc is a upgraded e-system .I am on windows xp pro.I am using a midi/usb wholly integrated midi interface I say this because you cannot configure the cables any other way.My keyboard is a KN Technics 3000.which is a general midi outfit.I can get the program working in one option with video intruction but not with recording my performance to analyse.I have now sent info to Brian Greene who is the
cheifie of gigajam.I am hopeful that this will produce a result. I have just had a reply from B.G.so i will try the suggestions he has sent and I will inform on any result.WW

Reaction score
thanks mourndark,The pc is a upgraded e-system .I am on windows xp pro.I am using a midi/usb wholly integrated midi interface I say this because you cannot configure the cables any other way.My keyboard is a KN Technics 3000.which is a general midi outfit.I can get the program working in one option with video intruction but not with recording my performance to analyse.I have now sent info to Brian Greene who is the
cheifie of gigajam.I am hopeful that this will produce a result. I have just had a reply from B.G.so i will try the suggestions he has sent and I will inform on any result.WW
to mourndark
I did get some suggestion to try and it was to just follow the instructions as on the support section of gigajam website,nothing came to me new . I changed over to my other PC and reloaded the gigajam program and new xtractor data the I linked up to my keyboard with the midi/usb connection and tried again with some success.It read unhandled exception.I have now got a large error message.This reads this function is not supported.Use the capabilities function to determine which functions and messages the driver supports,and then a long list of contacts to address to websites
this is the first one:
at Sanford.Multimedia.OutPutDevice..ctor(Int32DeviceID and there are many more.
I have sent off error report to gigajam as requested and await the reply.W.W

Reaction score
hi Mouldark I have now got the problem solved,thank you. the basic of it was that the program and my sound card did not match ,the prog devisers made adjustments to the settings after using my system and myself to go thro a number of trial settings at my end. They then revised the settings on the program to acommodate the sound card.Lo and behold 100% success.william w.

Reaction score
Hi mourndark I was just looking thro my posts and I noticed I had begun with the mispelled name to you,is it posibile that it did not get to you? the outcome was the prog not matching
the soundcard.they have now made adjustments to the settings
and it now works 100%. ww

Reaction score
Excellent - glad to hear it all works!

btw - you don't have to address your post to anyone in particular - anyone can read any posts. I missed that one as I'd been fiddling with my email settings...

Ask a Question