Thoughts about this set-up? Need help making choices.

Reaction score
Hello everybody!
Below are options I am considering:

Trying to achieve the following:
Being able to play the keyboard (nothing fancy, just piano sound) and sing while being able to hear her voice along with the piano simultaneously in the headphones (being able to control loudness of piano and voice separately). All of that while recording both piano and voice in Garage Band software. About

About the singer:
Singer is a female with soft voice. Does not sing loud. That is if this information matters for the mic choice.

Keyboard:
a) Yamaha YDP-S55
b) Yamaha YDP-S35
NOTE: Honestly, I am not sure about the differences about these. Do you think a more expensive option would have a better sound?

Microphone:
a) Blue Microphones Bluebird SL
b) Rode NT1 5th Gen
NOTE: I actually already own the Bluebird Mic, but with my initial research I had a feeling some people say Rode is a better mic. What would you say?

Audio Interface:
a) Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen
b) Behringer U-PHORIA UMC204HD
c) Steinberg UR22C
d) MOTU M2 2x2
NOTE: I know nothing about anything I am talking about here, but from what I understood - I need this device to make everything work the way described above.

Headphones (already owned):
Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 ohm

Laptop & Software (already owned):
MacBook Pro with Garage Band

Ask a Question