Three Keyboards.

Reaction score
I am thinking of buying a new keyboard later this year, i want something with a simulated Hammond drawbar sound, without breaking the bank it's just for home entertainment, there are three i have been researching, the Roland VR 09, this one has no inbuilt speakers, also the Yamaha CK 61 which does have speakers, the third is a Casio MZX 500 this looks like a all round entertainment keyboard with accompianment, i always remember Casio as the more budget end but looks ok, would appreciate any feedback especially from owners of these models, sorry i may have posted this in the wrong section.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Check out the Yamaha YC-61. B3 sounds has drawbars, and every other sound you need to gig with. The biggest plus is it only weighs 15lbs.
Thankyou Edie, the keyboard is just for my own home use but if gigging musicians use these keyboards they will have the sound i want, at the moment i just have the Korg EK 50 which is a nice little entertainment model but limited on the organ, i have plenty of time to decide what i want.

Reaction score
If you have an iPad there are Tonewheel Organ Apps that are way cheaper and take up far less home space than a organ keyboard.

Galileo 2

&

B-3x with this costing £130 and getting great reviews.

Reaction score
VB3m is a nice organ app that runs on iPhone and many Android phones as well, so could be a good and inexpensive thing to try with whatever smartphone you may already have. But the EK50 is not so adept at integrating internal and external sounds, it can be limiting/complicated if you want to be switching between (or splitting) internal and external sounds. Regardless, it's at least something you could play with while deciding what you want to do about another board.

Reaction score
Actually if you like the EK then you could always sell in on or trade it in and buy a Pa700, the organ tones on that are pretty good and it gives you onscreen drawbars via the touchscreen.

Just turn On and change the Eq on a new 700 from the default Off and it brings the keyboard alive.

Ask a Question