Torn between two KORG's

Reaction score
I am in the process of getting me a new synthesizer/workstation to expand my setup. I'm aiming to use it mainly for stage-playing, but also something I can use at home, in studio. I found two products I like, and I'm torn between them: Korg X50 and Korg TR. (I'm well aware that the latter classify more as workstation, that one is still handy for me to have)
I already use a Roland XP-30 and a Korg KARMA in my setup, playing symphonic/synthesizer rock/metal.
Not bothered by weight or room. Anyone have some useful tips/suggestions/advices/preferences?

Reaction score
Korg TR is everything except sturdy hehe. I just can't see why would you want to buy the TR or the x50 if you already have the KARMA. The sound engine is practicly the same, except KARMA is more powerful then the TR (although it's arpeggio based).

If you do want another Korg try the new M50. That one at least has the M3 sound engine in it. But if i were you (You have Korgs and Rolands), i'd go for the yamaha MO

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the replies so far.
Like I said, the synth is most likely to be used for stage-play, and in the music I play, frequent sound changes are imminent in many of our songs. I like the sound of the KARMA, but I need an additional synth I can turn to when the KARMA and the Roland are busy with other sounds. So I'd like something that can give me up to something of the same that the KARMA already give.
Of course it helps if the synth is something that helps me expand in sounds, so might take up your advice, Sysryn. The M50 sounds good, as far as I've heard it.

Reaction score
If you have Karma you'l just be disappointed with Tr, i wont even mention X50!
I recommend you think about not buying Korg, you do have Karma after all, maybe an older Kurzweil (like k2000) or newer Kurzweil, or Roland Fantom, or something from Yamaha-s Motif or S series, Alesis Fusion?!
Do not buy Tr!!!

Ask a Question