Touchscreen freeze up

Reaction score
I have a new MODX7. When I got it I fired it up and everything seemed to be working fine except I noticed a problem with the main volume pot. The keyboard showed that it came with the rev. 2.5 firmware. I took the keyboard to the tech....and 2-1/2 months later....the main volume pot is now fixed under warranty. So yesterday I fired up the MODX. It started up with the live screen on the piano preset. I decided to change to the organ....and thats when I found out that now the touch screen is not responding to touch to select anything at all. Anywhere on the screen....presets, utility,.....nowhere can you select. It's frozen. You can switch screens by using buttons....but tapping anything on the screen does nothing. I also noticed that on the startup screens....it no longer mentions rev. 2.5 anywhere.....nor any version for that matter....

Reaction score
Years ago I had a keyboard repaired (I can't even remember why I took it in for repair). When I took it home the keyboard would not play. He fixed the keyboard but failed to replug in one of the connectors from the keybed to the processor so the keys weren't working.

It's possible that on yours a connector is loose or not plugged in. I'd take it back to the repair facility; they should have given you a warranty on the repair and have them look at it. And since you said it was a 'new' MODX7 it should still be under warranty; so get it fixed while it is still under warranty.

Reaction score
I have a new MODX7. When I got it I fired it up and everything seemed to be working fine except I noticed a problem with the main volume pot. The keyboard showed that it came with the rev. 2.5 firmware. I took the keyboard to the tech....and 2-1/2 months later....the main volume pot is now fixed under warranty. So yesterday I fired up the MODX. It started up with the live screen on the piano preset. I decided to change to the organ....and thats when I found out that now the touch screen is not responding to touch to select anything at all. Anywhere on the screen....presets, utility,.....nowhere can you select. It's frozen. You can switch screens by using buttons....but tapping anything on the screen does nothing. I also noticed that on the startup screens....it no longer mentions rev. 2.5 anywhere.....nor any version for that matter....
THE PROBLEM WAS NOT THE DISPLAY!!!

I'm going through the same problem. I took it to technical assistance and was informed that the display would need to be replaced. As the budget was very high I decided to take it to an electronics technician I trusted and to my surprise...
Baaang!
THE PROBLEM WAS NOT THE DISPLAY!!!
The technician said the problem was 2 capacitors.

Ask a Question