Triton stand

AJB

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions as to a VERY solid stand for a Triton Extreme 88? (Not an X frame stand.) Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Welcome.

Depends upon your own preference and budget.

Onstage or Hercules make Zee stands, with the On Stage being slightly more stable.

Another Z type is made by Roland a KS10Z, it it will support the whole US Navy. I had one and it was rock solid but sold it as I needed a two tier and this did not have the option available.

K&N 18810 is the fixed version and 18820 is foldable there is also an electric version whose height is adjustable at the touch of a button.

I have the K&N 18810, it is the best stand that I have had and it is a keeper.

AJB

Reaction score
Thanks. I've also got a Roland RD700NX, which is very large/weighty. I would like both together but haven't seen any stands that look 100% reliable. I guess they are available but I'm new to the stand buying game. Also UK based if that makes any difference to the availability of certain makes/models. Thanks.

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I use an Onstage 2 tier Z stand for a 54 lb Kurzweil PC3K8 and it’s solid as a rock.

It’s rated @ 400 lbs.

You could rebuild an engine block on this thing.

No matter how hard I pound the keys, it never vibrates.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
On Stage are a bit sparse here in the UK, I did look for them a while back and there were none.

Then I did a bit of further research and as I do not have a dedicated room, I have to use our Sun Room for both family and my own Computing and Music setup.

What I did not want was something that is akin to an Engineering Workshop with a large Z stand and all the metal that goes with this type.

Which is why I went for the K&N 18810 plus the addon Second Tier Brackets. As You can see I do not use it as a tier for any kit, just added a shelf for my music rest and that left space for my Laptop. Under the cover is my 88 key Numa Compact 2X.

I bought both stand and brackets from Bax and they arrived within a couple of days.

10430F74-3B70-4A2C-A86E-FEECC1BC98B6.jpeg

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
This is my current setup .

Gary ;)

Attachments

• 5A6D29A2-66AD-4326-BCB1-C5EC98BDE6B2.jpeg
    5A6D29A2-66AD-4326-BCB1-C5EC98BDE6B2.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 13
  • 0739CAC6-CD9A-4621-AC7E-7E6B0268C5BA.jpeg
    0739CAC6-CD9A-4621-AC7E-7E6B0268C5BA.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 14

AJB

Reaction score
I'm looking at the on stage stand tomorrow. Probably a silly question, but does the keyboard just sit on top with no front or rear guards in case the keyboard is accidentally knocked? None of the stands appear to have any stoppers/guards, whatever they would be called. Sorry, but I'm very new to keyboards. Thanks again. Looking at the ks7350 if anyone has experience of it.

Reaction score
AJB

A Z or any other stand except an X stand does not have any straps to secure a keyboard.

Its the weight of the lower keyboard that keeps it in place, and with the second tier attached it is usually angled towards the front where are brackets have small 25mm or so upstands to stop the top tier keyboard from sliding forward.

You can see how the top keyboard is angled forward in Gary’s images of his kit.

Good luck with your viewing, and as a matter of interest where did you find one?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Second tiers have front mounted stoppers because they are angled.

Main tier doesn't need them because there's no lateral movement.

stoppers can get in the way of keypresses anyway unless you agle them low.

Gary ;)

PS >> The Onstage is a great stand.

Ask a Question