Trouble interpreting docs on a Drum voice

Reaction score
I want to add some claps to a song I'm working on. When I open the data book and search for clap, it comes up with this:

clap.png

Looks to me like f# will provide a clap. So I select voice 13 and try all the F# keys. None of them produce a clap.

So looking at note #, it says note # 30. I don't know what that means. I count up the keys, and the 30th key, whether I include the black keys or not, does not land on an F#.

Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Try Voice #163, midi "address" 126/000/044, Key #30 (count from your left when sitting at the board). Sorry I don't have that keyboard so I can't give you hands-on guidance. Don

Reaction score
Try Voice #163, midi "address" 126/000/044, Key #30 (count from your left when sitting at the board). Sorry I don't have that keyboard so I can't give you hands-on guidance. Don

Sorry, I mis-typed. I am using voice 163.

So with that information, I'll add a bit here: Typing any F# on the keyboard (with voicee 163), I don't get a clap. Counting from far left on the keyboard, 30 keys (tried with white only, and white+black), it did not land on F3, and what it did land on does not play a clap.

Ask a Question