Trouble with keybeds - Nord heavy a tion & Roland VR730

Reaction score
I play extremely heavy but never use to ever have a problem with keybeds on any of my keys back in the 80's.

I purchased a Nord 5 with heavy weighted action and the plastic keys cracked where Nord molded a weight into the plastic. One broke and 37 others were cracked.
They said several but not many had this same problem. They stood behind the warranty but sold it because I figured it would happen again.
I purchased a VR730 Roland which iive but now muuddle G key is louder than every other key on the keybed. I was told they now place switches under the keys for activation loud and soft and pressing hard to get tremolo or other options and was told it was probably a bad swith. so off to the warrant shop which the nearest one is over a 2 hour drive.
Anyone have bad keybed problems that play really heavy?

Come on manufactures ...make a keybed that stands a little pain without failing.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Maybe you should be looking at high end electronic pianos that have real wooden keys. I know Kawai makes at least one model with that feature.

If you need synth voices just add a module and use the piano as a controller.

As for myself? I play with a very light touch so I can't really commiserate.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question