USB-MIDI CONNECTION ERROR

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently bought a used Yamaha EZ-20 keyboard from a store and connected it up to my computer with a MIDI USB cable.. The computer recognized the cable and installed the hardware for it but after opening my FL STUDIO 20, I noticed that when I tried playing some notes, they played through the keyboard's speakers. My Asus computer with window 7 does seem to recognize the USB-MIDI cable, but my FL Studio doesn't react in any way when I press a key... The midi IN of the cable is plugged to the midi OUT of the keyboard and vice versa as directed...the photo of the settings which I have made to the fl (midi setting) is attached to this post..

Please does anyone knows the solution to this .....been trying to connect this for days but to no avail...

Attachments

• IMG_20190911_202942.jpg
    IMG_20190911_202942.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_20190911_203053.jpg
    IMG_20190911_203053.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_20190911_203207.jpg
    IMG_20190911_203207.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 168
Reaction score
Have you tried looking on line for the user manuals for the keyboard and FL Studio 20? You do have to configure the keyboard and the DAW software to communicate with each other. So it's critical that you understand at least the basic's of how they work together (or not).

Reaction score
No I have not read any manual about it but I have a friend who has same ez 20 as well as using it with fl studio DAW... the only difference is that he connected his through his sound card...he has a sound card that also has a MIDI IN/OUT which communicates with his ez 20 keyboard using midi to midi cable while my own sound card has no MIDI port...so he used midi to midi cable(from keyboard to sound card and to his computer) , meanwhile I used MIDI to USB (from keyboard to computer)...so I was thinking using a MIDI to USB cable would automatically communicate with the fl DAW from the keyboard withholding those settings I listed above... I will look for the manual online as u have suggested but I will love to ask if u have any link where I can get one? Thanks b3maniac

Ask a Question