YAMAHA EZ 220 , USB connection to PC and MIDI playing in waiting mode

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have YAMAHA EZ 220, I connected it by USB to notebook and I tried to play MIDI files from notebook (from MIDI editor or vanBasco Karaoke player) successfully with keys lightening up (the channel must be set correctly).

I want to play MIDI files with waiting mode (the program is stopped until the correct key is pressed) - no success.
Any advice with setting?
Is it any SW for it ?

Thanks.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I'm not sure whether the waiting mode can be used with external MIDI files. However, there's a free program called PianoBooster that might be able to do what you want:

http://pianobooster.sourceforge.net/

There may also be other programs or apps that can do what you want, but PianoBooster is the one that comes to my mind because I've played around with it before.

Reaction score
Ilja
Michael

Yes! This question has come up any number of times through the past several years, for the various models that offer the "Learning" feature, but it appears that the "Wait" function, and other facets of the "Learning" feature are hard programmed into the internal song files, and work via some other process than simple MIDI. The Casio "LK" models, that offer a similar feature, appear to operate the same way. So, the alternative that Michael shows above would probably be your best bet for generic MIDI files.

Last edited:

Ask a Question