USB styles stick for Yamaha PSR S650

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I think it should be safe as far as not damaging your keyboard.

But from what I've heard, a lot of the style CDs and style USB sticks that people sell on eBay are collections of styles they got for free from various web sites.

If that's true-- and I imagine it isn't always the case-- then you might not want to financially support people who sell things they got for free and that you, too, can get for free.

On the other hand, even if 100% of the styles in a particular collection can be found for free, it might be worth buying them as a collection so you don't need to spend time and effort looking for them yourself.

And then there is the possibility that some of the styles might be copyrighted and were purchased from someplace like Yamaha MusicSoft, and the person is trying to make some money off of them.

You just never know. :(

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Yes-- and from what I've heard, often a lot of styles in the collections sold on eBay came from there. ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Thanks SeaGtGruff:)
I wondered if the styles were just clones of originals. Yes you are right, I don't wish to support these kinds of enterprise.
Anyway, I don't think this particular one is for me on second thoughts. I will keep looking. I tried yamahamusicsoft.com . . still trying to navigate the web site.

Thanks Fred for the psrtututurial suggestion. I will try that.

Ask a Question