Using a Roland EV-5 with Roland Rd64

Reaction score
Can anyone help I'm having problems trying to use roland Ev-5 with roland RD64 I've set my RD64 into controller mode, where do i plug my ev-5 into FC1 or FC2??

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Depends on which one is the foot controller and which one is marked sustain or hold.

It should go in the port marked CC or Control. On my Juno DS the ports are marked Hold and Control. Hold is for sustain pedal and Control is for my EV-5.

Check your manual for an explanation.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Depends on which one is the foot controller and which one is marked sustain or hold.

It should go in the port marked CC or Control. On my Juno DS the ports are marked Hold and Control. Hold is for sustain pedal and Control is for my EV-5.

Check your manual for an explanation.

Gary ;)
Hey thanks it dosen't have a cc input just FC1 FC2 and damper inputs.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Check your manual. The Damper is the Sustain. It may work in either FC slot. See which one is user assignable. Otherwise they could be reserved for sostenuto and soft pedal inputs by default but at least one of them should be usable with an EV-5.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Check your manual. The Damper is the Sustain. It may work in either FC slot. See which one is user assignable. Otherwise they could be reserved for sostenuto and soft pedal inputs by default but at least one of them should be usable with an EV-5.

Gary ;)
Just checking manual but not that clear

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I checked the manual for the RD 64 as well as the manual for the A 88 which the manual refers to when in controller mode.

From what I can see I'm not even sure the RD 64 will accept an EV-5 pedal. It is not listed as an option on page 8 of the manual.

The A 88 does list it as an option and explains how to configure on pages 44 to 45 in that manual.

However, that does not mean that the RD 64 will react t he same way.

My advice is to contact Roland directly and ask them if it is in fact compatible at all with the RD 64.

You may have wasted your money on an impossible option.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question