Confusing: Yamaha PSR S970 or Roland EA7 ? (same price range in my country)

Reaction score
I play music keyboard just for hobby. I usually play the music at home and sometime out of home.
I already have Yamaha PSR S900 for 8 years and very satisfied with it.

Today I know Yamaha PSR S970 have launched in my country since last year.
The price dropped to around Rp15.000.000,- (=USD 1132).

At sametime Roland EA7 have launched too, at same price range, around Rp14.500.000 (=USD 1094)

I plan to buy a new one as my second keyboard with that option, PSR S970 or EA7.

I have learn those keyboards have some good points, and by watching keyboard demo video on youtube, PSR S970 has more realistic sound than EA7 has.

Other goodpoints of PSR S970 is the after sales service in my country look better because it's manufactured in Indonesia.

Nevertheless If I buy PSR S970, I will have two keyboard with same brand (may be same capabilities)
If I buy EA7, It's not as great as PSR S970 in term of sound quality.

Buying Advice is welcome.

Regards,

Andang - Indonesia

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the point is of having two different arrangers. I would want my second keyboard to provide different capabilities, not the same. I could understand if you were replacing your old arranger with a new one. In that case, generally I'd stick with the same brand. That way your custom styles can be moved to the new keyboard.

You might want to see what the people at psrtutorial have to say.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I have no personal experience with either of those keyboards, and no experience at all with Roland keyboards, so I don't want to weigh in on which one you should go with [EDIT: because I think that's a personal choice, and one that you should make rather than letting anyone else decide for you]. But I can tell you that the PSR-S970 will definitely not be the same as your PSR-S900, as the PSR-S970 has some new features-- it should be a big step up from the PSR-S900. :)

Reaction score
Ea7 Roland tyros4 szinten van tudásba .Sokan nemtudják kezelni hisz gyenge leirása van itt magyar országban. De akik értik fáratságot vétték azok véleményét közvetitezem én még friss ea7 tulajdonós vagyok. :)

Reaction score
Translation from Hungarian.

Ea7 is at the level of Roland tyros4. Many people do not know how to handle it because it has a weak description here in Hungary. But I will share the opinion of those who understand, I am still a recent ea7 owner

Reaction score
I play music keyboard just for hobby. I usually play the music at home and sometime out of home.
I already have Yamaha PSR S900 for 8 years and very satisfied with it.

Today I know Yamaha PSR S970 have launched in my country since last year.
The price dropped to around Rp15.000.000,- (=USD 1132).

At sametime Roland EA7 have launched too, at same price range, around Rp14.500.000 (=USD 1094)

I plan to buy a new one as my second keyboard with that option, PSR S970 or EA7.

I have learn those keyboards have some good points, and by watching keyboard demo video on youtube, PSR S970 has more realistic sound than EA7 has.

Other goodpoints of PSR S970 is the after sales service in my country look better because it's manufactured in Indonesia.

Nevertheless If I buy PSR S970, I will have two keyboard with same brand (may be same capabilities)
If I buy EA7, It's not as great as PSR S970 in term of sound quality.

Buying Advice is welcome.

Regards,

Andang - Indonesia

Hi.. my name is Reyguel. I have owned a Yamaha PSRS970 at least 5 years! This keyboard is amazing. Whenever I play it, people think its a CD soundtrack... and that's coming through a keyboard amp. When I am going through a building's sound system it blows people's mind. A prominent bass player from my city came to a church service and afterwards had to ask the music director, where the bass guitar player was. When he saw that it was me, he said I sounded like a live bass player. This keyboard actually has the more expensive Motif 8 keyboard sounds in it. You're getting a more expensive keyboard in a cheaper keyboard. There are ALOT of sounds to use. You can tweek the sounds to your liking , romove the reverb in drum beats if it sound to "echoey". My favorite part is the fact that you can go to YOUTUBE , download (from your computer) a soundtrack( with or without vocals) to a USB Flash drive(jump drive) and play it through the keyboard to sing or play along with. You can even change the key the song is in through the keyboard. Its called the audio player on the keyboard. After you plug your USB drive in the back, hit the audio player button and voila' ... play your song. The "file" button will show your saved song files ( USE mp3 or wav ). I hope you enjoy this keyboard and i info. Feel free to email me at (e-mail address removed)

Reaction score
I play music keyboard just for hobby. I usually play the music at home and sometime out of home. I already have Yamaha PSR S900 for 8 years and very satisfied with it. Today I know Yamaha PSR S970 have launched in my country since last year. The price dropped to around Rp15.000.000,- (=USD 1132). At sametime Roland EA7 have launched too, at same price range, around Rp14.500.000 (=USD 1094) I plan to buy a new one as my second keyboard with that option, PSR S970 or EA7. I have learn those keyboards have some good points, and by watching keyboard demo video on youtube, PSR S970 has more realistic sound than EA7 has. Other goodpoints of PSR S970 is the after sales service in my country look better because it's manufactured in Indonesia. Nevertheless If I buy PSR S970, I will have two keyboard with same brand (may be same capabilities) If I buy EA7, It's not as great as PSR S970 in term of sound quality. Buying Advice is welcome. Regards, Andang - Indonesia
Hi.. my name is Reyguel. I have owned a Yamaha PSRS970 at least 5 years! This keyboard is amazing. Whenever I play it, people think its a CD soundtrack... and that's coming through a keyboard amp. When I am going through a building's sound system it blows people's mind. A prominent bass player from my city came to a church service and afterwards had to ask the music director, where the bass guitar player was. When he saw that it was me, he said I sounded like a live bass player. This keyboard actually has the more expensive Motif 8 keyboard sounds in it. You're getting a more expensive keyboard in a cheaper keyboard. There are ALOT of sounds to use. You can tweek the sounds to your liking , romove the reverb in drum beats if it sound to "echoey". My favorite part is the fact that you can go to YOUTUBE , download (from your computer) a soundtrack( with or without vocals) to a USB Flash drive(jump drive) and play it through the keyboard to sing or play along with. You can even change the key the song is in through the keyboard. Its called the audio player on the keyboard. After you plug your USB drive in the back, hit the audio player button and voila' ... play your song. The "file" button will show your saved song files ( USE mp3 or wav ). I hope you enjoy this keyboard and i info. Feel free to email me at (e-mail address removed)

Ask a Question