What are you learning to play?

Reaction score
Well, due to changing situations I will not be able to get some real time with my Hammond until January (had to go abroad to finish my studies) but here is a video I did this spring. Not perfect but it had gotten better since then. Will probably have to start from the bottom again when I finally get to my Hammond again. https://www.facebook.com/hansfridrik/videos/vb.1299169371/10206688630716619/?type=3&theater

Wow, I hope I can play that fast one day :D

Still don't have "here without you- 3 doors down" yet but working on it some. I can't get the bass notes right. Those cool little slide ups sound good even on piano or synth sounds but I've been playing it with a 12 string preset. Also doing "year of that cat." It sounds easy but I hate that main intro chord and keep forgetting it. Also been workin' on my "famous hit song" lol. Well famous here anyway even though no one has heard it yet :)

Oh I know what you mean, I also have these specific moments in the song where I just can't process fast enough to continue the rhythm. It usually happens when I played something wrong when learning that part of the song and then had to relearn it (even if I noticed it and corrected my errors immediately). Some neurons just keep firing telling me to put my finger the wrong place, and for each time I do the same mistake, the stronger the neural signal gets until I sit down and really concentrate on doing it right over and over again, it's so frustrating and time consuming haha.
I am looking forward to hearing the "hit song" ;)

Reaction score
Wow, I hope I can play that fast one day :D

Oh I know what you mean, I also have these specific moments in the song where I just can't process fast enough to continue the rhythm. It usually happens when I played something wrong when learning that part of the song and then had to relearn it (even if I noticed it and corrected my errors immediately). Some neurons just keep firing telling me to put my finger the wrong place, and for each time I do the same mistake, the stronger the neural signal gets until I sit down and really concentrate on doing it right over and over again, it's so frustrating and time consuming haha.
I am looking forward to hearing the "hit song" ;)
but sometimes..... Yesterday I was remembering Hotel California which I haven't tried in years. I usually video record myself because it's quick to do, just in case I come up with something. Anyway, I thought I was really sucking but then I played back the recording to hear what I was doing wrong and I thought "WOW, that sounds great, how did I get in all the 'little notes' in between?" So I played again and realized I was playing notes with my left hand I wasn't even thinking about. I still can't figure out how I know to do that or even could so naturally. I was using the 12 string preset. Usually it's the other way around like you mention and I'm thinking "what is that crap I got in there." :)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
What I would love to learn is "concierto de aranjuez" ( Spelling?)

Anyone know what key it is in?
I am currently in search of the sheet music for it.

Awesome tune from the late 30's.
I want to play it in a modern form like latin or jazz . . not classical.

That's my next challenge.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Thanks Oriane and Cowboy.

I printed off some music from the WWW for free:D
It's in key of Eb . . Not too difficult me thinks :confused:

I can see your link Oriane in the key of F . . . Even better.

Cheers:)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Paul
The bottom of orianes page above there is a link. It is hand written staves. The treble cleff has a "b" on the middle line.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I just learn't a new tune today . .

It was made famous by the andrews sisters but i like this version.
Apparently charlie chaplin co wrote it

Ask a Question