What To Do

Reaction score
I am a newbie (had piano lessons over 50 years ago) and want to try again now that I am retired (and I hope smarter.) I purchased a Yamaha YPT-220 Keyboard, and am slowly starting to learn again, but I am wondering if I have the correct keyboard.

I have been doing a lot of web searching, and I think that I may have bought the wrong thing. The more I search, the more it looks like I should have bought either a PSR-E323 or YPT-320. I have also looked at the PSR-E423, but I think for my needs and purposes, it is overkill.

I would give the YPT-220 to my grandson and get the 323/320, but I am unsure if this is a smart move, considering that I don't even know how far I will get with this project.

Certainly, the street price of the 323/320 is attractive, and I do have all of the accessories already.

Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Don't know if you have already done the deed and pirchased a new keyboard. But if you haven't I would suggest that you get the PSR423. There is not much difference between the YPT320 and PSR323. Only that the PSR has over 100 preset songs for you to play to - the YPT does not have.

the PSR 423 has much more for you to discover as you learn your keyboard. Things like 150 aggegios which are fun for backing to your playing ( like a synth does) but easier for you. Some really great sounds (voices) on top of those you get in the other great keyboards already - this is a big bonus. plus a piano button.

You don't have to use the recording area of the keyboard, but that's there too and you can still use it as a portable keyboard. the USB connection is great for updates and saving songs or whatever you want. But again that you can leave to your grandson ( he will love it, I know).

Hope you keep playing and having fun - that's the main thing.

Reaction score
Don't know if you have already done the deed and pirchased a new keyboard. But if you haven't I would suggest that you get the PSR423. There is not much difference between the YPT320 and PSR323. Only that the PSR has over 100 preset songs for you to play to - the YPT does not have.

the PSR 423 has much more for you to discover as you learn your keyboard. Things like 150 aggegios which are fun for backing to your playing ( like a synth does) but easier for you. Some really great sounds (voices) on top of those you get in the other great keyboards already - this is a big bonus. plus a piano button.

You don't have to use the recording area of the keyboard, but that's there too and you can still use it as a portable keyboard. the USB connection is great for updates and saving songs or whatever you want. But again that you can leave to your grandson ( he will love it, I know).

Hope you keep playing and having fun - that's the main thing.

The deed was done last Wednesday (8/10/2011). I got the PSR-E413 instead of the PSR-E423 The kit was only $10 more expensive than the keyboard alone, only $20 more than the PSR-E323 kit, and it was significantly cheaper than the PSR-E423.The only difference that I could see were the addition of additional arpeggios and a few other items. I am having a ball with it, and do not regret buying the cheaper, discontinued keyboard. The other reason I chose the PSR-E413 is that the case is silver. Easier for me to read the drumkit and sound effect markings over the keys (PSR-E423 is black; eyes not what they used to be.) Thanks for the response.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drummerguycf

Latest Threads