What would you buy next?

Reaction score
Hey all

A question just for fun.

So my set up isn’t the most extravagant but I’m getting on with it well.

Juno DS 88
Roland VR09b
Sustain and expression for each

I love what the Juno DS can do for the money it was, I have a lot of flexibility and can get most the sounds I need. The VR09 is far better for Organ sounds and quick sound changes in jam scenarios etc.

However, since getting the VR09b I have realised the Juno sounds are a little weak (although still perfectly acceptable).

So, if this was your set up, what would you do next?

My thoughts are either get a Mac and a Key Largo mixer to give me more scope on sounds and also the option to have a back up system between the Mac and keyboards.

OR

As I’m still new to this world, start purchasing different synths and swapping them out to get experience with different modules, older synths etc.

What would your next purchase be?

Attachments

• D09B6E5A-AA7D-41D7-8C4D-A2204AFCFFF2.jpeg
    D09B6E5A-AA7D-41D7-8C4D-A2204AFCFFF2.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 10

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Depends on your budget, but I'd suggest getting an analog or virtual analog synth to round out the compliment.

Maybe pick up a used Minilogue XD or an Arturia Minifreak.

Gary;)

Reaction score
I bought this yesterday -

It's very usable. Sounds pretty darn good. I always wanted a Jupiter 8. If I was buying hardware I'd get this, and I may yet, been thinking about it -

- Jim

Reaction score
As other has said, it would depend on the budget. I also own a JunoDS and like it very much... but I have to agree with you on that it hardly cuts thru the mix when playing live, specially with EPs and brass.... If I would upgrade my JunoDS I would consider a Yamaha ModX, a Fantom F0 or a Korg Krome Ex.

Ask a Question