When do you think the next CP OS update will come out?

rm5

Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE my Yamaha CP88—it's an amazing keyboard for almost anything! However, I've noticed that they haven't updated the OS in almost two years now, and I'm wondering if they've begun to neglect the CP series in favor of the CK - I mean, since the CK is so recent, I think it's far too early to make that conclusion, but that's my concern...

Anyway, while the CFX sound is awesome, and I use it on everything, I wish they'd add all the nuances like key and pedal noise. Hamburg Grand already has key noise, so why can't they just add that to the CFX sound? They could maybe even branch out by releasing sounds of pianos not made by Yamaha. For example, I'd LOVE a Steinway sample on the CP88—or a sample of an old Baldwin upright from the 1900s. If they did this, there would theoretically be no reason to buy a Nord Piano 5 over the CP88. There is reason now, which is that the Nord Piano Library sounds include all those nuances, and their samples are from many different piano manufacturers.

I hope that sometime in the future they do this, but what do you think? Am I the only one that wants this kind of stuff?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I doubt that anyone at Yamaha is authorized to say.

And if anyone outside of Yamaha does know something, they're probably bound by non-disclosure agreements.

Ask a Question