Where are you from?

Reaction score
Upstate New York - Saint Regis Falls - 50 miles north of Lake Placid ski center or 20 miles south of the Canadian border near Massena NY, Chateaugay NY or Ogdensburg NY.
I'm jealous! My wife and I loved Quebec City. We hope to retire to upstate NY, so we can drive up to Que from time to time.
I read Binghamton is a cheaper retirement spot and the wife needs to be near a VA Hospital, so we will be checking it out, along with the Syracuse area.
Oh, we live in Indianoplace Indiana....

Reaction score
the three VA hospitals are one in Albany, one in Syracuse and one in Buffalo.
I take it you are into music. Well I'm a beginner at age 66. I just started keyboard last December. I'm having the most difficult time adding chords to the melodies. My brain can only process one directive at a time. I can play melodies or I can play chords. I cannot play chords and melodies at the same time. I tried playing C and F back and forth and melodies with my right hand. I can't do it.

Reaction score
Music means more to me than anything except the missus. I've gone hot and cold over the years with sports and other stuff but music has always been my one constant. I fumbled through Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me last night and played a few chords, so I'm optimstic. We're looking at several areas with VA hospitals or Centers. Harrisburg Pa is on our list also, along with Asheville NC.
Addendum: I see your point early on about chords. The education software that came with my Yamaha seems to assume you can already read music. I havent read music for almost 40 years so that will take time. I'm just going to have fun with it and see how it goes.

Ask a Question