Which keyboard

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I'm playing a bass guitar in a band, and would like to spice up our sound with some keys, both while playing bass and as a separate act. So here's what I figure I need:

-3 or max. 4 octaves for portability
-realistic piano keys with piano-like response (I'm used to them :) )
-sounds: piano, rhodes, hammond
-sustain pedal
-combining piano and slow attack string sounds at the same time (not necessary, but would be nice)

I know that's an unusual set of characteristics :) I had no luck googling it so far, so I figured maybe someone here knows of such a rare jewel. Anything in the ballpark might be helpful as well.

Thanks for any help!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Realistic piano hammer action and sounds don't usually show up together with a 3 or 4 octave keyboard.

Kurzweil PC3LE6 might come closest to what you are looking for or their SP4-7 stage piano. They tend to be somewhat heavy but they're all metal construction and meant to take a pounding.

http://kurzweil.com/product/pc3le6/

http://kurzweil.com/product/sp4-7/

They're both professional instruments coming in around and just under the $1K mark street price and either one could handle the sounds you want to output.

Reaction score
Don't over look the Casio Privia PX3....really good pianos, both acoustic and electric, decent B3 patches....and weighs just 22 lbs. You can find them on Ebay for $700 or less. I have had one for two years and gig with it regularly and have found IMO it is the best keyboard for the money.

Ask a Question