who has the m50??

Reaction score
I think im gonna buy one tonight I played it at guitarcenter and loved it. Im probably gonna get 61 keys because all the 73 key ones are almost twice as much which I dont think is worth it. Any one want to help me make my decision whether to buy this keyboard or not??

Reaction score
I have the M50! And I'm VERY satisfied with it, it is probably the most price-worthy Workstation currently on the market, since it can do almost everything that the high-end flagship keyboards can do but at about half the cost.

However, I have to admit that the Piano sounds are not very good, but as the M50 is quite easy to understand and use, you can make them sound good if you learn how to handle the parameters. And considering you're going for a 61 key version, I guess you don't intend on playing primarily piano sounds on it anyway.

So, if you're interested in buying the M50 (I guess you've done some research to see if it fits your needs?), I would definitely say Go for it!

Reaction score
I've got one and love it, though I wish I had more time to play. (I suppose the only way to have the time is to make it!)

I don't think the piano voice is all that bad, though I don't have a real piano handy to do a side-by-side comparison.

Reaction score
M50

I have the M50! And I'm VERY satisfied with it, it is probably the most price-worthy Workstation currently on the market, since it can do almost everything that the high-end flagship keyboards can do but at about half the cost.

However, I have to admit that the Piano sounds are not very good, but as the M50 is quite easy to understand and use, you can make them sound good if you learn how to handle the parameters. And considering you're going for a 61 key version, I guess you don't intend on playing primarily piano sounds on it anyway.

So, if you're interested in buying the M50 (I guess you've done some research to see if it fits your needs?), I would definitely say Go for it!

I also have the M50 88 and it has a lot of features that you would pay for at a higher price from some of the other leading keyboard manufacture. The action or key bed on the 88 graded hammer feel is the best i have played of any other pro keyboard model.

I have to disagree about the acoustic piano samples not being very good. I think they are way above average and have that warm, analog sound like a fine grand piano miked in stereo. But that is just my opinion, but I have recorded some tunes with a jazz group and they all agreed it sounded very authentic. Now if you are comparing an M50 to something like a VI program like Ivory, the samples, modeling and technology is more complex and you will hear a difference. But using the USB connection attached to your Mac/PC, the M50 88 makes a great controller with a realistic feel of a grand piano There are several choices and the Rhodes and Clavs are all great, plus you can tweak and adjust each sound live with the dials on the board. The strings and Combis and drum kits on the M50 are awesome.

katt

Ask a Question