Xk5 presets

Reaction score
I just bought a XK5. Does anyone know how to get more presets to upload? Not crazy about factory ones. Thanks

Reaction score
Thanks for your response and your right.I am an experienced player but not with the Hammond . I thought I can build my sound off the presets. Love the XK5, I’ll figure it out. Thanks for your help

Reaction score
Search the
Thanks for your response and your right.I am an experienced player but not with the Hammond . I thought I can build my sound off the presets. Love the XK5, I’ll figure it out. Thanks for your help
Search the hammond site for the Jim Alfredson tonewheel set. I believe he has a set that you can load into the XK5 that actually adjusts the tonewheels (not the drawbars, the actual digital tonewheels themselves that is the basis for the sound), the key click levels, the Vibrato/Chorus parameters, the leslie sim, etc. so that he got it to sound like his 1954 B2. Search around on the Hammond site I think that they are there. It will make your XK5 sound closer to a real Hammond. Worse case scenario, reach out to Jim directly (https://jimalfredson.com/) tell him you have an XK5 and would like to get the tonewheel set that he created. He can probably just email you the files to load.

The XK5 is a tremendous keyboard, like everything else it needs to be fine-tuned, Jim did the fine-tuning.

Ask a Question