Yamaha PSR 520 didn't sent Note off signal to the computer

Reaction score
Hello, I have a problem here. I have an old Yamaha PSR 520 keyboard. I buy a usb to midi cable and connect the keyboard to my computer.

The keyboard is detected by my computer. But I can't press keys on my keyboard directly one after another.

I launch MIDI-OX program and analyze that my Yamaha PSR 520 didn't sent Note off signal to the computer right after sending Note On signal, so I can't play notes one by one smoothly or even play a chord.

What was the problem? Please help. This is the link to my youtube video about this:

Last edited:

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Are you having the problem even if the keyboard isn't connected to the computer, or does it function correctly when played on its own?

If the keyboard seems to function correctly on its own, then it's possible that the MIDI-to-USB interface cable you purchased is unreliable. If feasible, try to use an interface cable that's been found to be more reliable with MIDI-only keyboards, such as the mio from iConnectivity.

Reaction score
Yes, if keyboard isn't connected to the computer, it can function properly.

Yes, I assume the midi-to-usb interface cable is unreliable. Below is the cable. No brand.

Thanks for the advice for which interface is good.

Attachments

• aa9665b50428dd7c2b7bd4032f684013.jpg
    aa9665b50428dd7c2b7bd4032f684013.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 24

Ask a Question