Yamaha psr-E223 Key triggers itself problem

Reaction score
Hi, After cleaning the rubber contacts and undusted the card, B2 flat note keep "ghostly" triggering itself, I turn it off and on but after a while it triggers itself again, first randomly beating but then soon gets stuck pressed on. where is the problem? Can't find any help on line about this. THANKS!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi, After cleaning the rubber contacts and undusted the card, B2 flat note keep "ghostly" triggering itself, I turn it off and on but after a while it triggers itself again, first randomly beating but then soon gets stuck pressed on. where is the problem? Can't find any help on line about this. THANKS!
disassemble the keyboard again and take a look inside, something is causing the key to depress (or getting close to depressing, probably why it first is randomly beating)

Reaction score
disassemble the keyboard again and take a look inside, something is causing the key to depress (or getting close to depressing, probably why it first is randomly beating)
Thank for replying, yes I have done it while having also removed the rubber contacts and checked the board itself and to my surprise...it starts to sound, exact note, with not external/mechanical touch to the board (?)

Reaction score
Thank for replying, yes I have done it while having also removed the rubber contacts and checked the board itself and to my surprise...it starts to sound, exact note, with not external/mechanical touch to the board (?)
see if something is touching the contact causing the key to fire even though you are not striking the key. If it didn't do it before you attempted the repair and now it is doing it after the repair, something is triggering the 'note on' event. some debris must be in there causing the issue.

Reaction score
see if something is touching the contact causing the key to fire even though you are not striking the key. If it didn't do it before you attempted the repair and now it is doing it after the repair, something is triggering the 'note on' event. some debris must be in there causing the issue.
Thanks for your kind and quick support, well dispite of cleaning and over checking, no other strange particules seem to be contacting the board pad, nonetheless the Bflat starts sounding by itself and stays on till turned the keyboard off, at one point I shook the board a bit and it stopped but only worked once, no matter what it soon starts playing by itself, the very next B note didn't work before probably due to dust as well, after some cleaning I can make it sound pressing the rubber contact directly with my fingers but it doesn't when the keys are reassembled and played on (?) ...here's a picture of the board where I can at this point think it has got something to do with the loss of "filaments" on the contact area. Thank you very much again for your kind help.

Attachments

• Board 1.jpg
    Board 1.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 42
Reaction score
sounds hardware related. not sure if it is worth taking it to a shop for repair or not.
Thanks, as an update: the E note in the same octave started malfunctioning before ceasing to produce sound when played, BUT, when pressed down it could now stop the B flat note that was self triggered.

Ask a Question