Yamaha PSR - arpeggio and style

Reaction score
Hi all. I just bought a Yamaha PSR 453. Very nice but having difficulty figuring out how to combine styles with arpeggios. Is there a preferred method? I ask because certain chords in ACMP seem not to work that well with arpeggios. Difficult to explain as I am a newbie.
kind regards
Linda

Reaction score
Not sure if I can specifically advise on your 453.

With ACMP turned on the chosen Style and accompanyment should commence when a three note chord is played.

Arpeggios or broken chords are just that but I am usure how they are triggered on your Yamaha since my Arranger does not have this function.

With my own Arranger I play three or more note chords with my left hand with the selected Style and I can then arpeggiate the chords with my right hand.

With my other workstation/synth keyboard when I press the ARP button the arpeggios are triggered when I play a three note chord and the keyboard plays various chord patterns until I play another chord or switch off the ARP.

Other members here are more Yamaha savvy than I.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
There are a lot of different arpeggios to choose from, so the first thing you'll probably need to do is find an arpeggio that works well with whatever style you've chosen. Each preset voice has a default arpeggio type associated with it; but after you've chosen which preset voice you want to play with, you can choose from any of the arpeggios.

The second thing will probably be to make sure the arpeggio's timing is in sync with the style. See page 49 of the Owner's Manual for a brief explanation of the Quantize function and its three possible settings. You can also change the Tempo setting to slow down the arpeggio, although this will slow down the style as well.

Ask a Question