Yamaha PSR-E443 is always switched on and no audio output

Reaction score
I have a Yamaha PSR-E443, I use an adapter and whenever it is connected the keyboard automatically switches on (which started recently). I do not need to use the power button to switch it on and there is no audio output. I cannot even factory reset it, since the keyboard is automatically switched on. Does anyone have any recommendation please. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't know PSR-E443, but if you need power button for factory reset and cannot use it for any reason, use adaptor connector instead. Simply push adaptor connector into keyboard instead of pushing power button.

Reaction score
I don't know PSR-E443, but if you need power button for factory reset and cannot use it for any reason, use adaptor connector instead. Simply push adaptor connector into keyboard instead of pushing power button.
I use the adaptor connector itself and the keyboard since yesterday has started switching on automatically if the power adaptor is connected instead of needing me to press the power button

Reaction score
You wrote: I cannot even factory reset it, since the keyboard is automatically switched on.

To restoring Yamaha PSR-E443 to its factory settings, just simply power ON - in your case WITH ADAPTOR CONNECTOR - while simultaneously holding the Highest white key.
Warning! This function erases the Backup data, and then restores all the default factory settings. Do not use this function unless you are certain that you want to do this.

Reaction score
You wrote: I cannot even factory reset it, since the keyboard is automatically switched on.

To restoring Yamaha PSR-E443 to its factory settings, just simply power ON - in your case WITH ADAPTOR CONNECTOR - while simultaneously holding the Highest white key.
Warning! This function erases the Backup data, and then restores all the default factory settings. Do not use this function unless you are certain that you want to do this.
Oh ok my bad. Thanks. I tried that but it was fruitless. There's still no audio.

Reaction score
Then you can check somewhere in menu, if speakers are not accidentally set to off. Eventually try to use headphones.

Ask a Question