yamaha PSR-i455 or Casio CTK-6300

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking to buy a new keyboard. Pse recommend models of keyboard which would be useful to reach at least 4 to 5 grades of proficiency. Also suggest which one among the two keyboards is better i.e between yamaha I-455 and Casio CTK-4500. What feature one should look at while buying a keyboard.

Reaction score
Hi Anil ! While looking out for a keyboard you should check out the following points :

1) The Sound - Most important factor imho. The tone, polyphony and all

2) The Keys - How do the keys feel, and how do they react to touch

3) The Features - Extra Tones,MIDI,I/O Ports etc are some very useful features which might be a deal breaker in certain cases

All in all, go try both of the keyboards,compare there features and understand what works best for you. There is NO better judge than yourself so you better take a good feel of them before deciding.

PS - In India, Casio keyboards are usually better priced for the same features as comparrd to Yamaha , so if you're on a budget I think you should consider the Casio CTK. They are a good entry level series.

But, that is secondary as i mentioned. The most important thing to look out for is - Sound. If it sounds good to your ears, go buy it !

Reaction score
Welcome Anil!

Bharat is right on the money when he says that at the end of the day what pleases you will be your best choice of keyboard.

In saying this, keyboards come in many varieties and it would help to specifically understand what you intend to use your keyboard for, and what style of playing or sounds you are predominantly needing from it.

Armed with that info you will find the friendly folks on this forum will be more than happy to give you various recommendations of keyboards that will potentially suit your needs.

Cheers!

Ask a Question