Yamaha psr s 670

Reaction score
Hello,

I have bought this synth recently and I love what it does. But there a few things I be been wondering.

1 ,Is there a possibility to turn the speakers off ? Mine is hooked to a pair of speakers which are more than fine.

2, I create my own styles and I totally got the hang of it, but isn't there a way to copy what you made on style A to B ? I keep playing it Everytime I want to create something and it kinda annoys me.

Kind regards

Reaction score
Yes.

But, you have to go into the Function menu to get to the setting.

Cannot help on the Style as my Yamaha knowledge is limited to a few odd items such as turning off the inbuilt speakers.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
When you say style A and style B, do you mean two different styles, or are you talking about the A and B variations of the same style?

Either way, I think you should be able to do that using the Style Assembly feature-- which I know basically nothing about, since none of the models I'm familiar with have that feature.

But if you can't do it with the onboard Style Assembly feature, you can certainly do it with the free Style ReMixer utility from JoSoSoft:

The only possible wrinkle is that the utility is a Windows-only program, so if you don't have a Windows computer then you'll need to use something else.

PS-- If you haven't already downloaded the PSR-S670 Reference Manual from Yamaha's website, you should do so, because the Reference Manual contains all the in-depth information that the Owner's Manual doesn't have. The Owner's Manual is sort of like a "quick start" guide that very briefly talks about what features are included on the keyboard and the bare-bone basics of how to use the panel controls, whereas the Reference Manual is where the more detailed descriptions and explanations are given.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I presume that your keyboard has had a prior owner since the current model is the 675.

You may want to check that you have the latest update installed on the keyboard since an update may have introduced additional functions.

Let me see if I have this right, you have created your own custom Style and saved it to a user bank location?

Now you want to make a variation of the Style you saved.

It should be a case of copying your custon Style to another user bank location, customising it and then saving it.

This is what I can do on my Korg Arranger with very few actions being required.

If you cannot achieve this on your 670 then maybe ask on the psrtutorial forum where there are probably far more PSR users than there are here.

Reaction score
When you say style A and style B, do you mean two different styles, or are you talking about the A and B variations of the same style?

Either way, I think you should be able to do that using the Style Assembly feature-- which I know basically nothing about, since none of the models I'm familiar with have that feature.

But if you can't do it with the onboard Style Assembly feature, you can certainly do it with the free Style ReMixer utility from JoSoSoft:

The only possible wrinkle is that the utility is a Windows-only program, so if you don't have a Windows computer then you'll need to use something else.

PS-- If you haven't already downloaded the PSR-S670 Reference Manual from Yamaha's website, you should do so, because the Reference Manual contains all the in-depth information that the Owner's Manual doesn't have. The Owner's Manual is sort of like a "quick start" guide that very briefly talks about what features are included on the keyboard and the bare-bone basics of how to use the panel controls, whereas the Reference Manual is where the more detailed descriptions and explanations are given.

Thx my friend , I did indeed only read the manual that came with it. I will download it.

Reaction score
I presume that your keyboard has had a prior owner since the current model is the 675.

You may want to check that you have the latest update installed on the keyboard since an update may have introduced additional functions.

Let me see if I have this right, you have created your own custom Style and saved it to a user bank location?

Now you want to make a variation of the Style you saved.

It should be a case of copying your custon Style to another user bank location, customising it and then saving it.

This is what I can do on my Korg Arranger with very few actions being required.

If you cannot achieve this on your 670 then maybe ask on the psrtutorial forum where there are probably far more PSR users than there are here.
Indeed this is what I want to be able to do , I should also check if it did receive the latest firmware update. I bought it brand new for 550 from a store in Belgium.

Reaction score
To all, I have found everything. To turn off the speakers , it's been hidden under utility and configuration 2 .

And for my style problem , I had to go to assembly and copy the things I needed to the next style variation.

Thx everyone !

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score

Actually, Yamaha came out with a PSR-S775 and S975, but no S675. Same with the PSR-SX, no 600 to go with the 700 and 900. I know a lot of PSR-S670 owners were very disappointed about that.

Ask a Question