Yamaha Style Questions: 12/8 Time Signature

Reaction score
Guitar player for 55 years; noobie on keyboards and on my DGX-670 (stationary) and Yamaha PSR E353 (portable). The 670 is for eventually backing up our church keyboardist; the 353 is for The Gospel Blues Band gigs in bars, nursing homes, gymnasiums, etc.

#1) I have a song we've been playing in 4/4 that I'd like to switch to 12/8, but I've only found one 12/8 style on the DGX-670 and none on the PSR-E353. Is there a place to download styles that I can make available to the 670 via the USB Drive Port and to the 353 via a USB cable?

#2) Is there any way to modify an onboard Style to a different Time Signature?

Reaction score
Guitar player for 55 years; noobie on keyboards and on my DGX-670 (stationary) and Yamaha PSR E353 (portable). The 670 is for eventually backing up our church keyboardist; the 353 is for The Gospel Blues Band gigs in bars, nursing homes, gymnasiums, etc.

#1) I have a song we've been playing in 4/4 that I'd like to switch to 12/8, but I've only found one 12/8 style on the DGX-670 and none on the PSR-E353. Is there a place to download styles that I can make available to the 670 via the USB Drive Port and to the 353 via a USB cable?

#2) Is there any way to modify an onboard Style to a different Time Signature?
psrtutorial.com

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score

In this video, It kind of explains how the 12 notes are really a quick succession of 4's

In which case maybe just use a shuffle style or 4/4 but with quarter notes.

If the keyboard doesn't have a 12/8 style, then improvise with other styles and be inventive.

Ask a Question