Yamaha USB audio driver not installing (Device not connected)

Reaction score
Hey guyz, I am new to this forums. I need help

I have a Yamaha PSR-S710 keyboard. I need to connect it to my laptop via USB. But i cant install the USB audio driver.

Laptop : Dell XPS 15, Windows 8, 6 GB ram, i5 etc...

When i install the driver it says "error 25001 no device connected".. what shall i do?

Please help guys...
reply here or on IM(s) Gmail : (e-mail address removed)
Yahoo : (e-mail address removed)
Facebook : www.facebook.com/viswagoku

need help urgently.. :)

Thank you

Reaction score
Yeah i think so.. no compatibility error. why does this show like this? (device not connected)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Reaction score
bro, i tried this on windows 7 i thought it was os problem. so when windows 8 released i formatted full but still same error :(

I just wanna record keyboard audio with pc. pen drive is shit.. :/

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'd still say your best bet is to fire off some emails to Yamaha Tech Support and get your answers direct from the horse's mouth. Win 8 is such a new OS nobody here will be able to answer you one way or the other.

[EDIT]

It could also be a 64 Bit/32 Bit problem. You didn't mention that you were running 64 Bit windows but with those specs I'll assume you are. Plenty of times vendors release 32 bit only drivers with no 64 bit support.

I repeat. Ask Yamaha. They wrote the driver.

Reaction score
But can you tell me what to do if it was windows 7. I got the same problem on that. If I need I will change back to windows 7... How to install it on windows 7. And yes I am running 64bit

Reaction score
The USB drivers I found at the Yamaha site are all for MIDI only (no audio). According to a user manual I found on line, the PSR710 is intended to record onto a USB drive, not a computer. Don

Reaction score
I have the same problem
Computer: Dell Inspiron 660 desktop, windows 8 64-bit, 6 ram.
Keyboard: Yamaha PSR-e323, with a e-mu 1x1tab interface

I have installed the emu driver and the yamaha musicsoft downloader, but I get error 25001, no device connected when I try to install the yamaha driver, which is by the way now compatible with windows 8 64 bit.

The computer itself doesn't recognise my keboard either, cause when I connect it, the new hardware found message doesn't show. I've got my midi cables plugged in the right way.

I don't think that windows 8 is the cause, because I've had the exact same problem before with my vista 32-bit

Please help, you can email me on v(e-mail address removed)

Reaction score
Guys, I just want to know, What is the purpose of the USB audio Driver? It is in the Disk with the keyboard (which i lost :/)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Guys, I just want to know, What is the purpose of the USB audio Driver? It is in the Disk with the keyboard (which i lost :/)

According to the manual

http://www2.yamaha.co.jp/manual/pdf/emi/english/port/psrs910_en_om_c0.pdf

Pages 95 and 96 it seems to be for connecting the keyboard to your computer and the Internet. Whether that's Audio and/or MIDI or only one or the other I'm not certain.

Anyway, here's their download page where you can download the drivers, manuals and lots of other goodies for the PSR-S710

http://download.yamaha.com/search/p...maha.com&category_id=16084&product_id=1040742

Reaction score
Not sure where you came up with a USB AUDIO driver. If it was on a CD that came with the S710, then it is probably a "one-size-fits-all" CD that contains all the drivers for all the different Yamaha keyboards. If you go to the S710 Support site, you will see ONLY USB MIDI drivers, NOT USB AUDIO drivers listed for download. The S710/910 do not support audio over USB. You can find the S710 Support site here:

http://download.yamaha.com/search/p...maha.com&category_id=16535&product_id=1040742

Reaction score
I tried what you did with a compaq laptop and found the processor to be too slow, so I wasn't able to load the software off the cd. Kept on getting error messages or it just took too long.
I reformatted another computer with the recovery disks to factory specs and ran the yamaha install cd. It installed very nicely and presented me with the main screen. I procured a usb-a to usb-b cable and the interface worked. I am able to d/l midi files from computer to the keyboards flash memory.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I ran into this problem with an older Yamaha I bought used several months ago-- the YPT-400. I'm on 64-bit Windows 8.1 computers (desktop and laptop), and the latest driver from Yamaha works perfectly with my PSR-E433 and PSR-E443, but with my YPT-400 I get something like "no device present" or "no compatible driver found," depending on where I'm looking. It seems the YPT-400 doesn't work with a 64-bit driver. I concluded that it might be a 32-bit/64-bit issue, but I haven't tried to install the 32-bit driver yet.

On the other hand, my YPT-400 works perfectly with my iPad without needing a driver!

Reaction score
Yeah.. a 3 year old thread lol.. anyway.. i gave up on audio recording :|.. i just use a USB now. or sometimes i record each channel to a USB then arrange it on PC... anyway thanks guys

Reaction score
Michael

Save your energy and frustration trying to install 32 bit drivers on a 64 bit operating system. You may want to peruse this article from Microsoft:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/understanding-hardware-and-software-for-64-bit-windows

particularly the statement:

"A computer running a 64-bit version of Windows needs a 64-bit driver for every piece of hardware installed in it or connected to it. For example, if you're trying to install a video card (graphics card), printer, or other device that only has 32-bit drivers available, it won't install on a 64-bit version of Windows."

In other words, the bit depth of the driver must match the bit depth of the operating system or it will not install, and "Compatibility Mode" applies to programs, not drivers. Many of us learned this the hard way some years ago with the advent of Vista-64, when our favorite old hardware would no longer work. Sadly, Vista, itself, took the bad rap, but the problem was not Vista, but the 64 bit driver requirements. Those who migrated from XP to Vista-32 did not experience those problems. The 32/32 and 64/64 driver requirement match have carried over into Win-7 and Win-8. There are those who believe that they have installed 32 bit drivers on 64 bit Windows, but what they have actually encountered is a dual mode installer which automatically detects the type of operating system and installs the appropriate driver(s).

When I migrated from a Vista-32 desktop to a Vista-64 machine, I immediately lost USB-MIDI communications with my Casio WK-3800, because Casio refused to write a 64 bit driver for it. I found a work around by kludging a 64 bit Edirol sound module driver to work with it, but several years later, when Casio released its 64 bit Win-7 driver, the WK-3800 worked fine with it on Vista-64, even though Casio still does not recognize it. This indicates that it is not so much the version of Windows, but rather, the type (32/64) of driver that makes the difference. It also shows Casio's continuing lack of understanding about Vista-64.

As a side note, old 16 bit Windows 3.X programs will not install/run on 64 bit systems - not even in Compatibility Mode. There isn't even a Compatibility Mode choice for them. The real foolers here are the programs that touted being Win-95 and Win-98 compatible, when they were just old 16 bit Win 3.X programs that would run on those operating systems (as wells as on 32 bit XP and Vista), but not on the 64 bit systems.

viswagoku

Exactly my point ! Here we are three years later, and we are still having these 32 versus 64 bit discussions, so there is apparently still a lot of misinformation about this topic. In a way, I am glad that keyboard-all drug it back into the limelight.

Last edited:

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Ted, I figured the 32-bit driver probably wouldn't install. What I did do, right after I bought the YPT-400, was order the companion CD from Yamaha, because it wasn't in the keyboard's box. I think the driver on the companion CD might be 16-bit, but whatever it is my 64-bit computer couldn't even execute the installation program.

As it happens, I still have my older 32-bit Windows XP desktop computer, which hasn't even been hooked up and turned on since I moved out of my old apartment last year. That computer seemed to be pretty good-- I forget what its CPU speed is, but it has a huge amount of hard drive space. I'm thinking of cleaning it up and using it as a dedicated music workstation computer. I even have an unused copy of Windows Vista that I can install on it if I want, but I'm not worried about getting any viruses and such on it, because I wouldn't use it to go online at all. I expect that my YPT-400 will work just fine with it, although I haven't put that to the test yet. :)

Ask a Question