Yamaha YC61

Reaction score
I just purchased the yc61 and have fallen in love. I own a Hammond sk1, Yamaha Modx, Mojo61, and Tyros. I have previously owned Korg, and Nord. I agree that Yamaha has always had trouble reproducing the B3 and rotary speaker simulations. That is, up until now. I am still trying to tweak the rotary settings but this thing is a little monster. Playing in two Blues bands I find that this keyboard has all the sounds and settings that I find necessary for playing live. Yes I would love to see a 72 or 76 note keyboard but other than that I just love this thing.

Reaction score
Since no one produces a 72 key keybed I doubt that you will be seeing one in this lifetime ;) . The organ is the best one that they have produced but the leslie sim is nothing to right home about. No amount tweaking will bring it to the level of your SK1. Adding a leslie sim like a Ventilator I'm sure would help. They are headed in the right direction. See the link below.

Link

Last edited:
Reaction score
Since no one produces a 72 key keybed I doubt that you will be seeing one in this lifetime ;) . The organ is the best one that they have produced but the leslie sim is nothing to right home about. No amount tweaking will bring it to the level of your SK1. Adding a leslie sim like a Ventilator I'm sure would help. They are headed in the right direction. See the link below.

Link
Oops on the 72. I agree with the Leslie sim. I am not a purist when it comes to rotary systems. I do have a Lester K if needed but right now I'm very happy with my settings on the YC.
My SK1 blew something just before Covid hit and is tied up in a shop that is closed. Hopefully I'll get it back soon to run some comparisons.

Ask a Question