Yamaha YPG-535 note G, sounds odd in all Touch Setting except TOUCH SETTING OFF

Reaction score
Help please.
On my Yamaha YPG-535 .
Note G sounds louder than other notes, under all TOUCH SETTINGS,
All notes sound normal when I TURN OFF THE TOUCH SETTING.
That is, set to OFF.
I tried to Factory Default Setting. This does not work either. Please suggest how to fix.
thank you all
OOjungleman

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
If one key starts having volume problems compared to the other keys, I think it usually means there is some issue with the key contacts that are used for detecting velocity or how quickly the keys are struck.

The usual procedure is to carefully open up the body of the keyboard and clean the key assembly and contact strips. You have to be careful what you use to clean it, though; Gary/@happyrat1 should be able to tell you, or search his replies in other threads about similar issues.

A can of compressed air for cleaning dust out of computer keyboards might be all you really need, but you would need to open the keyboard to reach the places that need to be blasted with air to blow out any dust bunnies and dirt around the contact strip.

There are videos on YouTube which show people opening up their keyboards and cleaning them. You might not find one for your exact model, but there might be others that are very similar to your model.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
See my replies in this htread.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
If one key starts having volume problems compared to the other keys, I think it usually means there is some issue with the key contacts that are used for detecting velocity or how quickly the keys are struck.

The usual procedure is to carefully open up the body of the keyboard and clean the key assembly and contact strips. You have to be careful what you use to clean it, though; Gary/@happyrat1 should be able to tell you, or search his replies in other threads about similar issues.

A can of compressed air for cleaning dust out of computer keyboards might be all you really need, but you would need to open the keyboard to reach the places that need to be blasted with air to blow out any dust bunnies and dirt around the contact strip.

There are videos on YouTube which show people opening up their keyboards and cleaning them. You might not find one for your exact model, but there might be others that are very similar to your model.

Thank You for your prompt reply. However, please understand I am new to keyboard. And I failed to make myself more clear. As mentioned Unless I Turn "OFF" Touch Sensitivity I do not get normal sound that I got when the keyboard was new that is about 2 years. Something along the way happened and Touch Sensitivity Settings seem not to work that is All keys sound nearly different volume and "G" sounds excessively loud.
I am not technically inclined, so all I can do is get some help from fellows like you. There is no nearby repair facility.
Perhaps, only thing I can do is Continue Learning with Touch Sensitivity "OFF"

If you have any other suggestion, please let me know.

Thank you.
00Jungleman

Reaction score
Thank You......
used high power vac and cleaned up the keys... Seems to work. But there is another trouble.

I can use the keyboard only in TOUCH "SENSITIVITY OFF"
If I set it to, Soft, Medium or Hard .. . the keys sound very low and not only low but
if I were to play " C - Scale" the sound kind of gets slower and slower till by the time
i am on fourth note of the Scale disappears completely.

I tried to Factory Reset... But that too does not work..

Sound in TOUCH SENSITIVITY OFF Does not sound as good.

Please help.

thank you.

00junlgeman

Reaction score
Hi.

A few questions.

Have you had the keyboard since it was new?

Have you had the keyboard covered by a good quality anti static cover when not in use?

How have you been performing a Factory Reset?

Reaction score
Hi.

A few questions.

Have you had the keyboard since it was new?

Have you had the keyboard covered by a good quality anti static cover when not in use?

How have you been performing a Factory Reset?

I bought new. Barely 2 years old. Used no more than and hour a day.
It is always covered, when not in use.
Factory resetting, I did that Zillions of times and no results.

Also if should care for input. I can it as it is only with "TOUCH SENSITIVITY OFF" If I set it to Soft, Medium or Hard, notes progressively sound lower and by the time I am on fourth note there is no sound at all...
that is...
if i were to play notes C, D, E, F... sound goes down from C to E and on F it is no sound at all.

Thank you for your input.

Ask a Question