Your recordings

Reaction score
:D no need for that. Just lift your hand up. You don't have to keep the base note pressed all the time. If you do want that note to be more "longer" lasting just press your sustain pedal... but be careful not to mess up your right hand tones then cause they will last longer too.
Yeah, the problem exactly. Upstairs, on my father's el. piano, there's 3 pedals, and you can use one of them to great effect, eliminating this problem. Is there such a thing for keyboards? Like a pedalset or something? Because you can do a lot more with 3 different pedals than just one :p

<<Gratwhol>>

Reaction score
Yeah, the problem exactly. Upstairs, on my father's el. piano, there's 3 pedals, and you can use one of them to great effect, eliminating this problem. Is there such a thing for keyboards? Like a pedalset or something? Because you can do a lot more with 3 different pedals than just one :p

<<Gratwhol>>

It depends on what keyboard you own... Low level keyboards don't even have footswitch inputs, mid-class have one input mostly asignable... so it means you can use the pedal for what you want... Sustain, switching sounds etc etc... High- end keyboards have multiple switch inputs. For instance: 1 sustain, 1 for switching sounds/performances and 1 for anything you want...

Reaction score
Dude, that's just awesome! Listening to that is just extremely relaxing. Thanks for sharing it with us :D

<<Gratwhol>>

Reaction score
Hey, good to hear from you again. Nice version of twinkle little star. But the song you posted earlier, the one who you referred to as "sad", what's the name of that song?

<<Gratwhol>>

Reaction score
Hey, good to hear from you again. Nice version of twinkle little star. But the song you posted earlier, the one who you referred to as "sad", what's the name of that song?

<<Gratwhol>>

It's a song from one of the local singers. It's called "Neka te odvede"
or in english "Let him take you away" :)

Reaction score
Ok just for kicks and grins heres a song

I made a....uh...kinda oldies or "baby boomer" album centered around the piano but with full orchestration and band or whatever you wanna call it

This album is music that was popular when i was a kid or while i was growing up...I'm 52 years old....:eek:.....so if your not as old as i am, you might not recognize this stuff....:rolleyes:

The name of this tune is "memphis tenn"...its an old chuck berry tune that Johnny rivers did

http://www.box.net/shared/ipr5lkk3eo

Keyplayer

BTW, all the sounds you hear are from the motif ES Rack

Reaction score
Thanx Sysryn,

I have 2 or three diff guitar sounds goin on in there if i remember correctly....but there all stock sounds that come with it....i do have an extra guitar sound set but didnt use it on that song....plus that song dosent really represent me that well either as a piano player....i did a whole album of that kind of stuff but i really come from a "gospel" background and more blues....I'm working on a gospel album now

This thread was a cool idea....I've listened to some of your stuff you posted on here and its cool...you should post more....But to answer your question, YES....ILOVE THE MOTIF..:D

Keyplayer

Reaction score
the reason i don't use guitars it's cause i spend 70% of my time in a rock band with 2 guitars so there's really no need for that... the other 30% is just plain old piano sound at home :)

And yea... i'll post more recordings when i get the time to record them...
I got a job of some sort 2 weeks ago so now those 30% fell down on maybe 10 :(

Reaction score
here we go again... :)

a friend of mine asked me to record a backing track for him so he can record guitars over it. I've done my job and now i'm waiting for him to do his...

Here's the backing track, it's U2 - One, and once he finishes his part, i'll post it here.

http://www.box.net/shared/7otte03mbf

Reaction score
It's beautiful! Can I ask a dumb question? How do you play a bass & treble part AND have backing chorus chords? Did you pre-record them on another track?

I am still learning about the basic functionality of keyboards.

Drums and the bass are a backing sequence i downloaded from the net, and I recorded the rest one track at a time.

First the piano, then the strings, then the e.piano, and there you go :)

Reaction score
Drums and the bass are a backing sequence i downloaded from the net, and I recorded the rest one track at a time.

First the piano, then the strings, then the e.piano, and there you go :)

Did you record them on the keyboard itself or on the computer?

Reaction score
Did you record them on the keyboard itself or on the computer?

I recorded everything on my PC the way i explained here.

Motif ES has a great sequencer but since i had the drums and bass in
mp3 format it was easier to record directly on the PC rather then converting
the mp3 file into wav, loading it into the keyboard and recording everything there and then again turning the PC on and record :)

Ask a Question