casio vs yamaha

Reaction score
hello sir / bro ........ i'm from india ..... i'm looking forward to buy a new keyboard . very happy about it . but i'm very confused to go with casio or yamaha........ many say casio doesn't have the tone quality and key quality as that of a yamaha one ......... please suggest which one i could go for - casio ctk 6000 / casio ctk 6300 in / yamaha e 423 / yamaha i 425 ...........( in and i are products in india )
hope i'm clear with my english ...
anticipating replies
thank you

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Since it's a very subjective question you are asking, the best thing you could do is go to a music shop and test out both keyboards yourself and make up your own mind. Nobody else can tell you what will sound and feel best to you.

Reaction score
thanks a lot for the suggestion ...... but what you 've felt over the years about both these brands ?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I've always been on a tight budget in my early years, so I usually wound up with Casios. Right now I own a Casio XW-P1 mainly for the synth sounds. Then again it's not my only board. I also own a Korg TR76 which I am planning on trading up from to a Kurzweil.

Yamahas are OK I guess but I've never really looked at them all that closely.

Reaction score
In my opinion, you would be best served with the Yamaha prs423. I never liked Casio's piano, I have the same generation of the yamaha and really am impressed with the sounds. I play in a band, split the keyboard with one button and handle the bass. I really like the ability to save eight sounds for different tunes. I don't think you would ever regret buying the Yamaha.

Reaction score
I am a big fan of both Yamaha and Casio as I have owned them both and both have served me well. Casio used to be a low ball keyboard for kids...not anymore when you move into the Privia PX3 units. Weighted keys for great piano, both acoustic and electric and weights just 22 lbs. And decent Hammond B3 sounds too. If you want a great keyboard for the best price I would go with the Privia PX3. I have gigged with one for two years now and never had a problem. That being said I gigged with Yamahas for years too and any problems I had the Yamaha tech department took care of. You can't go wrong with either brand.

Ask a Question