Please help me :)

Reaction score
Hii Guys,

I am new here and i'm new to keyboards, i wanted to buy a keyboard for a very long time but i couldn't. After a while i decided to buy one. I'm into trance/house/dance music but i listen to all kind of genres.
All i want to ask you is what keyboard should i buy to play trance/house/dance on it as a beginner.

Please there are so much on the internet
Digital Pianos
Keyboard Synthesizers
Keyboard Workstations
MIDI's

I don't know the difference and i really want to get one to start playing

Thank you

The Y_man

Reaction score
I always wonder which currency it is when people ay $xxx (I revert to Australian dollars of course :) )

Anyway, given that, some sort of small arranger might have to be the go, although you may not get the flexibility you need....

So have a look on youtube etc for demos of

Casio CTK-6000
Yamaha PSRE-423

The price range doesn't quite get you into synth territory - you migth also consider a pre-loved Yamaha MM6

The Y-man

Reaction score
I meant us dollars sorry :D
So do you think i need a small arranger to match up my musical needs ?

and by knowing the budget is in us dollars does these two are the ones for me ?

Keep in consideration that i'm just a beginner i don't know the difference between an arranger and a workstation or any other keyboard :D

Thank you

Reaction score
Wow by looking to the price of the Yamaha MM6 I think i will go with the
Yamaha PSRE-423

Thank you so much for helping me Y-man :)

Reaction score
The PSR 423 is a very good and solid starter-keyboard with a lot of extra gadgets you will not need in the beginning but will appreciate when you a bit further. You can't go wrong with this one!
It is also a basic arranger keyboard, meaning you can download midi's (songs) styles (extra rhythms) and voices (like more guitars, organs, saxes, piano's etc etc) from the net and load them (although a bit limited) into the keyboard and it does a lot more.
Lot's to learn when you are new to this and also keyboard-users-language might sound 'spaced' but you will soon be comfortable with it.
We all started one day and needed help and advice.

Happy keyboard hunting!
DickR

Ask a Question