2nd tier keyboard stand for Casio CS-67 stand

Reaction score
Hello all ! I have a Casio PX560m that is on a CS-67 stand, at my home-studio.

I want to add a keyboard on top, a Crumar Mojo 61.

I don't find any solution for attaching a 2nd tier stand to the CS-67. I know it is not made for that, but I want to keep it for 1. stability and 2. it looks nicer than a "stage" keyboard stand. I won't need to move it around, not gigging with and stuff.

Would you guys have an idea how I could achieve this? I was thinking, a custom solution with clamps to hold on the horizontal board of the CS-67. But I am not very knowledgeable about keyboard stand accessories :)

Thanks !

Reaction score
Depends upon ones DIY skills and the material of the stand.

It will probably require a bit of cutting and drilling of the Casio stand and I am assuming it is pretty substantial.

These K&M’s are about the best 2nd tier upstands that are available but they are intended for fixing to their own stands.

I would remove the keyboard and notch the wood at either end (if necessary) so these will rest against the two vertical upstand ends of the CS-67

Drill two holes in each and corresponding holes in each vertical upstand of the CS-67, these K&M units may require cutting so they do not project forward of your Casio.

Bolt each into position using Domed coachbolts cut to the required length.

The top will need a board cutting to provide a shelf and a run of moulding along the face facing the front to protect the top keyboard from moving forwards.

DISCLAIMER, this is what I would do but being a Pro Engineer I am pretty skilled in this type of activity but what you do is at your own risk.
33EC5EA4-9B35-4BB4-9445-30DED2A8459A.jpeg

Reaction score
purchase a cheap x-stand and set it up directly behind the first stand raised slightly higher and pull it as close as you can get it. should work... the mojo weighs only 25 pounds, easily supported by even a cheap x-stand.

Reaction score
Depends upon ones DIY skills and the material of the stand.

It will probably require a bit of cutting and drilling of the Casio stand and I am assuming it is pretty substantial.

These K&M’s are about the best 2nd tier upstands that are available but they are intended for fixing to their own stands.

I would remove the keyboard and notch the wood at either end (if necessary) so these will rest against the two vertical upstand ends of the CS-67

Drill two holes in each and corresponding holes in each vertical upstand of the CS-67, these K&M units may require cutting so they do not project forward of your Casio.

Bolt each into position using Domed coachbolts cut to the required length.

The top will need a board cutting to provide a shelf and a run of moulding along the face facing the front to protect the top keyboard from moving forwards.

DISCLAIMER, this is what I would do but being a Pro Engineer I am pretty skilled in this type of activity but what you do is at your own risk.
View attachment 2754

This is a good idea. Although I'd rather avoid having a shelf on the 18810s, then the keyboard on the shelf.

Do you think it'd be possible to attach these on the horizontal plank, away from the sides of the Casio stand so that they would be spaced accordingly to receive the Mojo?

Reaction score
purchase a cheap x-stand and set it up directly behind the first stand raised slightly higher and pull it as close as you can get it. should work... the mojo weighs only 25 pounds, easily supported by even a cheap x-stand.
Thanks for the idea, unfortunately that wouldn't work as I have the extra pedal cross bar for the Casio CS-67. Or, the X stand would be too far behind and would take too much space in the room

Reaction score
This is a good idea. Although I'd rather avoid having a shelf on the 18810s, then the keyboard on the shelf.

Do you think it'd be possible to attach these on the horizontal plank, away from the sides of the Casio stand so that they would be spaced accordingly to receive the Mojo?
No, they stability would come from the brackets being securely fitted to the end upstands of the base.

Fixing brackets to the horizontal centre support inboard from the end upstands will result in them flexing and eventually breaking the timber support.

BTW
Do you have a three pedal unit fitted?

If not then a new two tiered stand would be the better way, K&M Omega and the brackets I quoted prior give the second tier.

Reaction score
Yes I do have the 3-pedals unit with the stand.

I thought about getting the full Omega stand, but I'd prefer to keep the CS-67 because it looks more like a piano, and also with kids around it would be safer to let them play on it

Reaction score
Is your keyboard in a fixed position and against a wall?

If so then a couple of wall adjustable shelf supports, a pair of brackets and a shelf and you are sorted.

If you do go this route do buy the heavy duty types and not the cheap ones from a DIY store, the shelf can have a par of wedges made to angle it to suit when playing the top keyboard and a front piece of trim too stop keyboard sliding forward.

CFD93957-E206-4243-BA6A-8E820A9C5396.jpeg

Ask a Question