4/4 Style to 3/4 Style

Reaction score
Hi Music Colleagues!

I have a beautiful 4/4 style but would like to change it to 3/4 clock.
Does that even I think with the drums alone would be served me already.
I would need it for "Games of Thrones " For this there is unfortunately no song related for my key.

Dear Greetings Peter

PS: Ihave a Yamaha PSR3000

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hi Peter,
The English translation of your post has gone a bit haywire.
Do you want to convert a tune from 4/4 time to 3/4 time?
I think Game of Thrones theme is 6/8 not 4/4.
If your keyboard does not have 6/8 accmp. Then play it in 3/4 and increase the tempo. That should work.

There is a piano solo in this clip about a minute or so in. Hope that helps.

Cheers ray

Reaction score
Hi Ray!
Sorry my bad English I did it with a translator.
It's less about the melody but more about the drums.
My key has no 6/8 tact about this 3/4 I would have a matching style only unfortunately he is in 4/4 therefore the request.
If I put in the Stylcreator 3/4 then I have to delete everything except the drums and that would be bad.
Dear Greetings Peter

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I don't think there's a simple way to change the time signature of a style file or song file.

The way I'd probably do it would be to split the style into its MIDI portion and non-MIDI portion using the "Style Split and Splice" program-- http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/sands/index.htm.

Then I would import the MIDI portion into a DAW so I could work on the MIDI tracks using the piano roll editor. When I was done editing the MIDI portion in the DAW, I would export it back to a MIDI file, then use "Style Split and Splice" to rejoin the MIDI portion and non-MIDI portion back into a style file.

The actual editing is where things would be tricky, and it's difficult to give specific advice on how to proceed without knowing specifics about what you want to do. For instance, do you want to actually delete a beat and its associated notes from each bar of music? Or do you want to keep all of the notes more or less intact but shift the bar lines as it were, such that 3 bars of 4/4 music will become 4 bars of 3/4 music?

It should be noted that MIDI files typically contain many types of non-Note events which do not show up directly in the piano roll editor, but are instead displayed as automation lanes. When you're deleting any Note events or moving them around, you'll need to pay attention to those automation lanes as well, to make sure that any non-Note events are also deleted or moved around so they remain properly aligned with the Note events that they apply to.

Reaction score
Hi SeaGtGruff!

I think I'll be the style in 3/4 new program even if it is time consuming. With the MIDI files and their editing, I have no experience, to learn that probably would take more time. The only thing is that my PSR3000 No 6/8 style has I have programming in 3/4.

Kind regards Peter

PS: excuse my English German only so can the translator
I have been in several forums the request made this forum is the only one where I got a reply thank you again for

Ask a Question