A little song of mine - Phase Shift

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Been a very long time since I posted but I have been dabbling again in the world of keyboards and made this little tune recently. Just a short track mainly improvised and all played on my little Roland USB keyboard controller.
Its all virtual instruments these days for me, the EP is the Pianoteq Rhodes, Lead Guitar sound is Electri6ity through a guitar amp sim and the rest is Dimenson Pro in Cakewalk.

http://www.guitarwar.com/assets/users/axe2grind/phaseshift.mp3

Justin.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
A very nice piece of contemporary fusion jazz.

Wouldn't be out of place on a Weather Report or Herbie Hancock album.

Did you speed up the tempo to get those runs or did you actually play all those trills and arpeggios and sweeps in real time on a USB controller?

Gary ;)

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Hey man! Awesome sound! I like the mix of piano in the middle (dave brubeck style) and the guitar at the end.
Well done Justin

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Thanks so much for listening and your comments, really appreciate it and great coming from keyboardists, I've spent too much time in the guitar world lol.

Hey Gary, everything I do is in real time, actually I recorded me soloing on my keyboard today (just got a webcam) a guitar friend of mine said the same thing and asked if I could do a video, so here it is ;
, doing stuff in one hit is a bit pressurised though! lol.

Oriane Lima

Hold on
Reaction score
Hi, KeysDude. Nice to meet you. Your music is really cool. A nice arrangement, full of melodic nuances. Congratulations. Hey, KeysDude, could you tell us how, or where, you posted your mp3? It seems to be a great alternative. Thank you.

Reaction score
Hey Oriane, very nice to meet you too and thanks very much for checking out my song and posting comments!
The site I uploaded my mp3 too is www.guitarwar.com. It is a guitar based forum where you can share your songs and there is also a very light hearted competition section. However they do have a Synth War section for posting up keyboard/synth based tunes either as a showcase for people to listen too and also you can even synth war where you pit your best song against another player and votes are cast on the best one (or whatever rules are set by the war creator, all very very lighthearted) although it seems only me and one other person do the war thing. When you post up your mp3s which are accessible through your guitarwar account, you can get a direct link to your mp3 to post anywhere like I did above. All are welcome there.

Reaction score
Hey Brian, thanks so much for checking it out and very pleased you enjoyed it!

Thanks, Justin.

Ask a Question