Adding "shelves" to an Apex Keyboard stand -

Reaction score
Here's a weird question - I'm back playing keys in a rock band after a 7 year break - My rig now is in Mainstage. However I'm using my Nord Electro 4 h/w synth as a controller/potential backup as well as two little USB Controllers. I have one of those Apex keyboard stands - I'm looking for material to add 'shelves' to the Apex for the 37 key controller, laptop and Audio interface. Currently I'm using the black laminate shelves you get at the hardware store (Home Depot/Lowes) - really heavy and fragile to damage. Does anyone have any MacGyver ideas for a lightweight, possibly plastic or aluminum panels I could use for shelf material?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If you're handy and own a wood shop you could always fabricate custom shelves from 1/4" plywood or 1/4" plexiglass.

Very light and very strong.

If you don't own a wood shop, you could always commission someone to fabricate them for you for under $100.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question