Alesis Micron

Reaction score
A friend is buying me one of these on Ebay. It will be my 2nd synth!! My first one is a Yamaha MM6. Basically I was at Guitar Center trying out "analog modeling" synths. Now I think an analog synth is just something with limited polyphony and its whole purpose is to let you tweak and make weird sounds and effects and maybe edit the arpeggios etc. I think the idea is to hook it up to your regular ol'keyboard and give it more scope. This is my understanding as a newbie.

Well I was trying out the Micro Korg and the Alesis Micron at guitar Center. The Microkorg was OK, the usual cliche hip-hop sounds... but the Alesis had a killer Portamento effect that knocked me off my feet!!! I LOVE Portamento. (Dream Theater uses it.)

I realize the Alesis has fewer buttons than the Korg, so you have to learn more 'programming'. I hope I'm up to the challenge. Well I'd do anything to get that portamento. Awesome!

Ask a Question